Wednesday, November 02, 2005

B In The Mix: The Remixes


The music scene is so hot these days, it's making me sweat under my collar with the air-condition turned on at full blast. Phew.

Britney Spears will drop a remix album this month, or at the very latest, by the end of this year. No exact release date has been set because it keeps getting pushed back. Originally set to be unleashed on the 8th of this month, it's now out on the 22nd according to www.amazon.com. It's called B In The Mix: The Remixes. This is her sixth album (same as Jay's November's Chopin, who started out in 1999 and more or less averaging an album a year). This is the more or less the tracklisting for the album.

01. Toxic - Peter Rauhofer Reconstruction Mix
02. Me Against the Music - JUSTICE REMIX
03. Touch Of My Hand - Bill Hamel Remix
04. Breathe On Me - Thin White Duke Mix
05. ...Baby One More Time - Davidson Ospina 2005 Mix
06. And Then We Kiss - Junkie XL Remix (brand new track)
07. Someday (I Will Understand) - Hi-Bias Signature Radio Remix
08. Everytime - Valentin Remix
09. I'm A Slave 4 U - Dave Aude Club Mix
10. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - Hex Hector Club Mix (Edit)
11. Early Mornin' - Jason Nevins Remix

Spears was recently featured on ASK BILLBOARD on Oct 4:

MIXING BRIT

Hello Keith,
I heard Britney Spears' song "Someday (I Will Understand)" on AOL First Listen two months ago. I wanted to get that song on iTunes or as a single, but is it even for sale yet? Maybe it's on the remix album that she has coming out soon?
James Arout

Hi James,
Britney Spears' "Someday" is now available via iTunes or as part of the CD/DVD package "Chaotic-The DVD and More." It was released on Sept. 27 and includes three songs: "Someday," "Chaotic" and "Mona Lisa."
On Nov. 8, Spears will issue "Remixed," a collection of previously released hit remixes along with new reworkings of her familiar songs. The Jive set's first single, "And Then We Kiss," has been remixed by Junkie XL and was just recently serviced to dance clubs and radio. Other remixers lined up for the set include Peter Rauhofer, Bill Hamel, Jacques Lu Cont, Davidson Ospina and Hex Hextor, although the lineup is subject to change.


Also, the "new" song And Then We Kissed has been leaked! You can check out the song here. It was only a bit more than a month ago since Over To You Now was leaked. That was on the 22nd of September. And Then We Kissed, like OTYN, is a song that was considered for In The Zone.

What I love about this song is that it's gains momentum steadily, breaking out into an intense chorus after the cool and calm verses. The way she breathes life into the lyrics, subtlely and seductively, is just insane. I don't think the original version will be released, but instead this remixed version will probably be the first single for the album B In The Mix: The Remixes. Check out the lyrics!

Feeling your hand
As it touches my hair
It makes me tremble
Don't even let go
Of the feelings we share
So baby go slow

Our hearts beating fast
And my body cries (yeah)
I want it to last
This burning inside
We're getting deeper

Take me
Touch me
Won't you hold me close?

And then we kiss
Your love comes alive on my lips
I feel a rush
Coming over me, over me
And when we touch
This moment when everything's still
I close my eyes
And then we kiss




Personally I find the track a tad less exciting than OTYN, but it's a real chill out song and Britney sings it like no one else can, injecting intense emotions to this song of love she feels when she's kissing someone. She has her own style. You can call it moaning, whispering or speaking or not actually singing (just like people enjoy telling me that Jay's mumbling, not really rapping, doesn't really sing), but these unique characteristics that make these singers who they are. Huge.

To top it all off, Madonna's album is slated for release soon and Hung Up has made a whooping debut at #20 on Billboard's Hot 100. The proof is here and at the same time you can check out the newly revamped Billboard website. For Madonna, Hung Up is her 51st chart entry and the sixth Madonna song to debut in the top 20.

Pop's doing very well these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dude! i'm esotism from livejournal. i really really like the stuff you're talking about here. it's pretty rare to find someone so into both english and mandopop like i am.

add me on msn if u see this ya?
colinlimkelong@gmail.com

regards,
colin

Anonymous said...

ei, juz found out ur blogsite.. i'm impressed u speak english so well and u love britney! i'm also an avid fan of britney spears... i didn't intend to visit ur site, i'm searching for the lyrics of pussycatdolls's stikwitu and the results pointed out in ur blogsite.. i was amazed that u also love britney. at this very momenti i'm downloading brit's new songs.. from now on i'll visit this site always. thanks!

rc_0192@yahoo.com