Saturday, November 05, 2005

Replyin'

shan spears-lopez: hey, love the moving britney image you have at the side of the blog. cool!
Yeah, it's fab that someone noticed it! ;)

Colin: i like the sense of conviction in this entry. i used to be easily affected in the past when friends around me scoffed at what a pop music enthusiast i am. thankfully, nowadays, it doesn't get to me one bit at all. i think its all about recognizing that we're all entitled to our own preferences. i remember someone using the phrase "music nazi" to describe those who are overtly self-righteous about their own music tastes. to me, that just reeks of immaturity. why put down something that you don't embrace?the other issue at hand is how popular culture's often regarded as lacking in credibility. which is a shame really, considering how producing material that appeals to a large audience really takes more skill than otherwise if you think about it.
Thank you very very much for your comments on that entry. Means a lot to me. Yeah, and I got to shout this point across: It does take A LOT OF TALENT to make music which appeals to a LARGE AUDIENCE!

Th3odor3: we must be dumb to go brunei
Haha... you know, sometimes I feel that way too. Really understand what you mean, but I tell myself that since I made the decision, I won't regret it. Or I'll try to find some reasons to bluff myself that I made the right decision. After all, we haven't been through the Brunei trip yet. It might not be as bad as it seems, but yeah, have to pack stuff, learn stuff, be responsible for so much... The burden of projecting the pride of SAF on our shoulders...

sanji86: Been a long time since i left a tag. Do ya noe something? Its 1 yr 2 days to ORD. Haha. Almost a yr left.
Oh man oh man. You are my ORD buddy! Haha... in the whole of Whiskey only the 9 of us ORD on the same date. Now it's a year and 1 day! LOL. Jiayou jiayou!

mbies: AWESOME REVIEW *applaudes wildly*
Thanks. Took a hell lot of time to get the thing done properly. And I know that years done the road I'll look back and enjoy reading about the first impression I had of this album. Rocks!

mbies: Fa Ru Xue is the song that comprises of the chinese instruments. i love it XDDD
For me, I can't hear any Er Hu and the likes. It's just that his singing style sounds very eastern in this one. As compared to previous songs, this is more piano-and-strings-driven I think.

mbies: the new album rocked more than qi li xiang, or so i thought. i got it. i finally got it 10 mins beforeMJ closed. woohoohoo~ ye qu gets better and better after every listen.
Yeah, it's insane how I love Ye Qu more and more. Even now.

mbies: jay's music is going to last forever. 20 years later he'll be still singing shuang jie gun at his last concert because jcnet's full of people like me. XD arent you proud to be a jay fan ^_^
Proud as hell I am!

angie: omg i cant believe u blogged so much about army stuff. i didnt understand shit.
Yeah. That's exactly why I don't often talk about army. More "bimbotic" and universal stuff like music and movies are my kind of thing. But once in awhile...

Th3odor3: yeah quite happening last week hor PUI
Happening in the very tiring way!

mingy: YES YES YES... the album i've been waiting for after cold play...
Haha... haven't heard your opinions on the album... Must tell me ASAP!

fi5h: Maybe i shall drop an email to ur PC. Tell him abt ur enthusiam over Ex WildCat and he can send u on more of such Ex!
fi5h: Whaahha..okay.. great that u found e exp fun man. haha.. and yes it's awlays gd to have someone to help u in e time of need!

Haha... I don't need more of such Ex, once is enough already. Yeah, it's fantastic to have someone offering his help willingly. I don't take it for granted.

Al: nothing more...just a smile
Just a smile is more than enough. :)

angie: can u put the "new" next to my link dwn? i think it looks like some new porkribs thats introduced to the menu
Ta-dah. You don't see any new there do you... Ooh, why do you imagine yourself to be porkribs? Why not a desert or something, like erm, a Mcflurry?

Al: im back with a vengance...take a look at my work...at my page of course
Very cool. Haha, except the photo at the centre sometimes makes it hard to read.

bert: loving the hung up vid. the dance moves are really cute but- WHY IS MADONNA HUMPING THE BOOM BOX???
Haha... she's showing off that you're never too old to hump non-living objects in public.

mbies: i thought the squares effect you did for the recent pic of the week was awesome. how did u do it!
I can't really remember now, but I think it's one of the usual and more available effects and not a combination... supposed to be easily made. My standard isn't that high yet!

Oh man, I've spent a bit to much time blogging today, but it's all in good fun! Got to refrain from typing any more entries till tomorrow or I'd be flooding my own blog! LOL.

A short entry about the rest of the stuff I've done this week. I caught Sky High with Terence and Daniel on Thursday night and believe me, it's a feel-good movie. It makes you feel so good, that you can't stop smiling after watching it. Okay, so the movie is 100% predictable but in a good way. It makes you feel that you were right all along and that the good guys always win and that dreams do come true. It is a simple movie with a simple storyline (yeah Disney!) but it's one of the better non-animated kids movie to be on the big screen for a long time.

Today Mak and I went out and had lunch at Fei Cui, which was freaking expensive. Then we went shopping for stuff that he needed to bring to Australia. After that we played 5 rounds of pool and he won in the end, 3-2. Gosh. And in a historical moment, he bought Jay's new disc. Okay, so it was the China versh, but at least he got it!

Tomorrow I'll be playing badminton with the platoon guys again. Hopefully there'd be a mahjong session as well! Till tomorrow then!

No comments: