Sunday, July 02, 2006

Celebration



On Friday I came back rather late from camp because there was rededication parade. My mom was kinda upset that my dad was not home to celebrate her birthday for her, although he did buy a pretty, expensive cake from Coffee Bean. Then there was also my younger brother's absence as he went to see a concert which he paid 20 bucks for a long time ago. I greeted her when I came home and knew that I had to do something drastic.

So it seems that I finally have the money to do it after Portugal won their last match! I ordered KFC, and it arrived shortly. Somehow it didn't seem like very much of a celebration. So I put a couple of ideas into the heads of my sister and brother (yes, the one I argued with recently, but managed to work well with for this) and we ran out of the house secretly for 20 minutes. Bought ice cream, grape-juice-champagne, candles. My sister went to buy a card. It's fantastic to have Causeway Point a mere 7 minute walk from my house.

We managed to return home, absence unnoticed. Scurrying around to set up the table took quite awhile. The most amazing thing about it was that we all broke up the workload without the need for talking. Even though I don't interact a lot with my siblings, it does seem that when there comes a time for us to work together (although rare), our bonds show. After that we hid somewhere near the living room while my brother went to knock on her door and asked her out for dinner. She took a long time and we started complaining that the food was getting cold and all.

Anyway, the sight that greeted her brought tears to her eyes, and she had to go to the toilet for awhile before coming for dinner!



It was a great experience overall and I must say I think we did pretty well for something that was in the spur of the moment! She was really happy and I guess it was one of her most memorable birthdays in recent years!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: