Thursday, July 06, 2006

To the Land of Smiles

Okay, so it's not as if I haven't been there before! I think the past few years have really brought me to places. Thailand in J1, Myanmar on J2 and Brunei last year. And now I'm on an unbroken going-overseas-every-year record - I'm heading for Bangkok tomorrow! I've only spend a couple of days there during my last trip; I spent most of the time at Chiang Rai doing community service!

Anyway, I haven't got much to pack, just a lot to prepare. Mentally, leaving the country for 5 days and taking my brain off everything that's happening here. It's a holiday! And seeing that everyone else has been there recently, I've got to go take a look at what the fuss is about. There's going to be a lot of shopping, which I look forward to, but I don't plan on buying too many things. (However I'm known to spend every single cent that I have on me.) For me it's more of being in a different country and experiencing a different culture and sight-seeing. And the food - gosh! Hmm, I think I might go borrow a library book last minute even though we've done our research already!

I've got about 30 minutes more at home before I go over to Terence's place! I don't know why we've to go there so early, but it's good because I can get myself ready for the encore match of Portugal and France. I know they lost, but I saw some spectacular moments and I just want to witness Portugal play, because I think they're good. Okay, so I didn't wake up in time to watch it. I was very disappointed with myself, and my heart sank when I came online at 6AM in the morning just to see MSN.com scream that France won, even before I could type soccernet.com! Well, at least they get to fight it out for third place!

I can't believe the moment I've waited for for so long has finally arrived, but I still feel a little apprehensive! Like I don't know what to expect. I suppose that's how everyone feels about going to a foreign place - do they? I hope we get to experience a whole lot of stuff, the good and the bad, the exciting and the tame, the look of innocent kids on the streets to the well-known sexually-charged night life present. Okay, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be experiencing that. (I'm not going to do it for goodness sake! Just looking. But since we're so guai I doubt we're even going to the Thai girl show. =( )

This entry is kinda long. Because I can't bear to say goodbye. *sob* I'm so going to get scolded for wasting time online while at home. Can't help it! Anyway, I'm going for 5 days, and will be back on the 11th! Maybe I'll update a little from there! Till then... Keep your cool!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: