Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bangkok Day 04

Woke up in the morning and lazed around quite a bit before it was decided that Sern Hong and I would go for breakfast in the hotel. This time, we had the Asian breakfast set. The fried rice tasted pretty good but little did I know that it wouldn't be the last I saw of it!

The tour bus came at 9AM. My stomach was hurting very badly, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong. It gradually worsened during the long ride to Dream World.



Upon reaching the place, we had to wait as our tour guide helped us to acquire the tickets. When we entered the place, I had an urge to go to the toilet. The feeling was quite horrible. I can't believe my day would be ruined just because of something trashy that I ate. We all came to the conclusion that it was probably the cockles from the previous day's seafood stall. I was trying my best to enjoy myself; after all I paid 48 bucks already!



We took the cable car to the other end of the amusement park and the first ride we took was kind of like a rollercoaster, except we were attached to the ride at the top ie hanging off the railing. I tried the ride despite feeling nauseous, hoping that the adrenalin rush would replace the feeling of being unwell. I remember that Madonna's Hung Up was being played. Heck, it was playing almost everywhere we went in Bangkok.



I'm quite impressed that Terence managed to take a couple of photos during the ride itself. After the reasonably entertaining ride, my face was pale and I was already breaking into cold sweat. Anxiously, I rushed to the toilet. For the next couple of hours, I was alternating between throwing up and having diarrhoea. It was kind of crazy. I am grateful for the condition of the toilets over there.



We went to KFC so I could take a breather and the weather was kind of hot so the airconditioning was a huge relief. I drank plain water this time round while the rest of them had lunch. Due to the thirst I think I ended up drinking too much too quickly. After I said that I'd wait for them in the KFC while they went to the rest of the rides, I visited the toilet and threw up again. In the end it hurt so badly that I went to the bench outside to lie down. SH came and I went to wait at this huge splash place. It was crowded and there was a lot of eye candy around, and plenty of people getting wet. I tried to sleep but my brain just wouldn't shut down. I went back to the KFC again and they came back to look for me. I was finally able to drift into sleep.

When I awoke I felt much better, and there was nothing left in my stomach to expel too. Determined not to waste my money, I went for another ride. This one resembled a washing machine and it was really thrilling. It spun like a swing, and the seat itself could rotate 360 degrees! Cool stuff. After that we took quite a lot of pictures, since that was the only other thing I could do. We entered this "Giant's House" place... and it was really amusing.



There were humungous boots.



And not the forget the Giant's geese which lays golden eggs. Didn't manage to steal any of them though! We let our imagination run wild and took a lot of wacky photos. There was also the huge utensils and this gigantic table that I had to do a small jump and a chin up just to reach the side! And then there was this cage...



... but I can't remember what the giant keeps in it. Boo.



There were plenty of other photo-taking opportunities like this one, as well as the 7 Wonders of the World exhibit. Fantastic stuff. We came out pretty early and it was had to wait for this couple to come out before we could move off. I bought cotton candy and loved it. I think it's my favourite sweet. It's a pity that I don't see it very often. Oh, and since it sort of melted in my mouth, I figured that I wouldn't be vomitting it out! We alighted at MBK instead of going back to the hotel because it was kind of late. I was feeling a lot better.

It might've been the anticipation of shopping. Hmm.



And this time we started from the bottom floor. All of us managed to buy a couple of bags and they looked pretty good. This was taken in the middle of the bustling shopping centre. Surprisingly, there were a lot of foreigners for a Monday, much more than when we came by during the weekend! We had a meal there too (I didn't eat!). It was pretty late by the time we reached back to the hotel. We wanted to go to Siam Square or something but it closed the same time as MBK. It's kind of sad that the shopping centre closes so early!

Ooh, and it was the day of SH and his watch saga, but I guess that's a story for another time. In short, he bought this watch for 1000 baht (originally presented to him for 1400). However one of the stalls in that building was selling it for 250baht and he felt really cheated. He went back and slammed the salespeople and they returned him 500 baht. And that was after a heated row!



This was all the stuff I bought at MBK that day! Wooo!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: