Sunday, July 30, 2006

Volleyball at Sentosa



My legs are still aching.

I met up with Sidney at 8AM yesterday (who said that weekends were for waking up late and sleeping?). It was an hour' train ride to Habourfront MRT. With effect from now I'd like someone to be able to drive me to that silly island whenever I want to go! Anyways, we chatted, and it was like we met yesterday, when the last time we met was actually in Dec last year! We had chickenrice for breakfast while the others came strolling in, late! Terence, Desmond and Mu Qin came one after another. At the beginning it was kind of difficult for me because I was kind of antisocial in my old platoon (and still am) but it didn't take long to break the ice.

We played a lot of volleyball, and took a hell of a long time to warm up! But after that I enjoyed myself, because it took my mind off everything. I'm not troubled or thinking a lot, it's just that under the intense heat of the sun, my brain could only think of whether I looked cool while playing, and to hit the ball that was flying to my territory! I think I needed a bit more water breaks though; it was freaking hot although it did rain later that day.

Its been a long time since I felt so at one with my body. I don't know how to describe it, just that there were moments where I felt fluidity in my movement (doing push ups doesn't exactly feel that way) and just letting myself go and reacting to the situation. There just isn't any time to think when the ball's flying real fast. I used to be quite the klutz when it came to sports and looked awkward playing anything, and volleyball's the only thing I've put so much time and effort to making myself look like I can play, if not, play decently.

In short, I enjoyed myself a lot and it was also thanks to the great company. We played with other people, something that I'm deathly afraid of, but still enjoyed tremendously.

After that I met Ryan at Orchard and we went to watch The Lake House. It's a fantastic movie and I don't understand how the reviews rated it that lowly! More on it another time tho'. While waiting for the movie to begin, I ate Taco Bell. I love the food there; reminds me of my RV-times when there was actually a Taco outlet at JEC. Kind of miss the cinnamon fries; they're non-existent already.

We walked all the way to Suntec (which probably explains my legs aching, and on top of that Friday's 14km run wasn't exactly a walk in the park), stopping for dinner at PS. We had noodle omelette for dinner and it tasted bloody good. I was craving for it ever since the last time I ate it with Mak. Oh, there were these 2 kids and their mom who snatched our seats from right under our very noses. I wasn't pissed when we got other seats - Ryan was. However, the more I thought of it, the more repulsed I was at their vulgar behavior.

We finally made it to our destination - the Esplanade. I like visiting the place every couple of months to look at the gigantic art displays. They present unique photo-taking opportunities as well.



This being the month of National Day, red and white were used to signify democracy, peace, progress, justice and equality. It was simple and easy to understand. We sat there for quite awhile, resting and looking at the pretty lights before going home!

Another tiring, but fun-filled day.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: