Saturday, July 22, 2006

Music Makes People...

Where do I begin? I truly enjoyed myself today because there were great people and music! Hence the title of this entry.

Kickstarted the day in camp, and booked out as quickly as I could. I was still kind of tired after yesterday's 15km run and asked Ryan if he wanted to go KLunch instead. Thankfully, he had no problems with it and we spent our early afternoon there. For the first time, I think the number of fast-paced tracks equalled the slow ones! It was quite amazing to alternate between the different moods. It was also one of our most diverse singing sessions. I found a lot of English songs that I could sing too. What disappointed me most though was my flop rendition of Everytime. I realised that I couldn't sing the verse properly due to a crapped out throat which was straining from trying to reach the high notes of other songs. I enjoyed the session thoroughly as I think we've conquered more musical ground. And they let us sing for a longer time too. Both of us were better than usual.

We were torn between taking the bus and the train, but chose the train when 105 went past us and we didn't have much time left. Before that, we stopped by at 7-11 to buy some drinks and batteries for my camera. I idiotically bought the wrong ones earlier!

We were a tad lost in SP, and it was only my second time there. However there came the sound of singing and music so we went towards it and found the place easily! There was still a bit of time before King Kong Jane came on, so we sat down at one of the benches and chatted for awhile. I was kind of excited that even my ears became red. Hmmm. It was only after the soundcheck and a faux starting of the first song alerted me to go find a seat in front of the stage.



The photos are kind of crap because I took them as an afterthought. I was too busy enjoying the performance.

We scrambled in just in time for Take Me Out. I realised that I should've found a place earlier. Haha... Overall it was real tight, and Colin was bursting with energy, and armed with a massive stage presence to boot. The Mickey Mouse singlet and cap was damn cool too. He was every bit the seasoned performer. The rest of the band were on form too (although I think I did spy a misplaced note during Wake Me Up When September Ends!) and I was thoroughly impressed by the near-perfect renditions of all the songs. I sang along to the numbers I were familiar with like Franz Ferdinand's Do You Want To. Dani California, Hemorrhage, Last Dance With Mary Jane and Time Is Running Out (my other fav) were very well done and impactful too. I did get lost during one of the songs though, can't remember which one it was! Of course the highlight for me was This Boy, a song I first heard performed by them at the National Vertical Marathon 4 months ago, on the 12th March! I loved it! It really made my day.

I don't know how to describe the performance enough to give it justice but I think how much I enjoyed it was written all over my face!

Colin was nice enough to come talk to me and Ryan after his performance. I'd probably have been too starstruck to go talk to him! It was great to finally get a chance to talk face to face. Anyway, they'll be performing at IMM next Sunday and I really hope that I'll be able to see them again even though I've got other commitments on that day already! Maybe Britney's Crazy again? Haha... And you can check out King Kong Jane's official website here.

After that our plans were messed up thanks to some particular individual, so we decided to go to Swensons before going home.



And it certainly was the right decision! It perked me up. I think ice-cream really makes people feel good. It's kind of expensive but really worth the money. Both of us really enjoyed tasting the 8 flavours of ice-cream. We also learnt that cherries look better than they taste. Simplying experiencing the sweet and cold sensations on the tastebuds was a great joy. I was just flooded with endorphins after that.

Ahh... A whole lot of music today. Something that I can't live without; something that I'm strongly connected to.

Simply fantastic.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: