Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Joke

Due to issues of timeliness (I know a bit of journalism), the birthday post has been pushed back yet again. Haha... there're more interesting things that happened today anyway! I think I'm addicted to blogging. First, the sad news out of the way. I lost my file containing my draft to my COM203 term paper as well as the research, and journal entries for theatre, not to mention my bloody notes. I can get the notes easily though. It's my work that I'm upset about. I think I left it on the bus when I was headed to tuition. I fell asleep, my mom called, distracted me and as I hurried off the bus I forgot about it.

Maybe I left it in Can 13 instead. I'll go check it out tomorrow morning. I'm still trying to be optimistic. I've given up on doing work today because I have nothing to work on! Ah well.

I've learnt that you should always read the scripts given to you before you go for theatre lessons. I was smart to run back to hall to get it after I forgot to bring it along with me. But I was quite stunned when I started reading the part where I was supposed to try out. There weren't too many guys to begin with, so I was lucky enough to be performing that scene. Obviously I played Gallimard.

The "Love Duet" creeps in over the speakers. Special comes up, revealing, not Song this time, but a pinup girl in a sexy negligee, her back to us. Gallimard turns upstage and looks at her.

Girl: I know you're watching me.

Gallimard: My throat... it's dry.

Girl: I leave my blinds open every night before I go to bed.

Gallimard: I'm shaking. My skin is hot but my penis is soft. Why?

Girl: I stand in front of the window.

Gallimard: What is she going to do?

Girl: I toss my hair, and I let my lips part... barely.

Gallimard: I shouldn't be seeing this. It's so dirty. I'm so bad.

Girl: Then, slowly, I lift off my nightdress.

Gallimard: Oh, god. I can't believe it. I can't --

Girl: I toss it to the ground.

Gallimard: Now, she's going to walk away. She's going to --

Girl: I stand there, in the light, displaying myself.

Gallimard: No. She's -- why is she naked?

Girl: To you.

Gallimard: In front of a window? This is wrong. No --

Girl: Without shame.

Gallimard: No, she must... like it.

Girl: I like it.

Gallimard: She... she wants me to see.

Girl: I want you to see.

Gallimard: I can't believe it! She's getting excited!

Girl: I can't see you. You can do whatever you want.

Gallimard: I can't do a thing. Why?

Girl: What would you like me to do... next?

Ahhh, yes. I was reading my part happily until I came to that particular line where I just could not help but gasp. Of course I freaked a bit (actually a lot because I started pacing and feeling tensed), read it out real loud, caught everyone else's attention, and then the initial looks of surprise turned into laughter. Then everyone gave their two cents worth about referring to my "equipment", my "happy friend", wanting to check if it was really soft etc. etc. It was really awkward and I don't know if I did the play justice and whether I was more hilarious than serious. But to do something so provocative, interestingly enough, was kind of liberating. It was probably the first time I acted as someone that is quite different from me in real life. I admit to being horny, I'm a guy, but this in front of almost 20 students, and 16 of them girls... was just... a very freaky moment! As I got into the role, and felt more relaxed, I kind of enjoyed it - the heavy panting, clutching my arm, shaking my leg, horny stares and all. It was just really different. Upon further reading though I was supposed to be acting a guy who was 65 so I don't think I was entirely right in my portrayal!

01

And my room has never been this full of stuff before! Daniel got his key today and he moved in with such efficiency I didn't even have a chance to help!

A big welcome to my new roomie (and Twinkle and Full Moon)!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: