Friday, October 19, 2007

HALLoween

I enjoyed Exam Supper/Halloween a lot. I regret not going to the previous social events, but it wasn't because I didn't want to, but I couldn't! Now I know what I've been missing out. I'm disgusted. No more tuition on weekdays. Blah.

The evening started rather early as the Social and Publications Comm had to prepare their stuff! I've got two star examples right in my front yard. Okay, that's a manner of speaking, there isn't a front yard in hall. I'm talking about Daniel and my neighbour Liqi!

01

I thought the spider was quite cool. I seriously should've kidnapped one of them back to put on my board! They went about their preparations until it was time for trick or treat and they sort of barged into my room, turned off the lights until they got close enough and then they switched the lights on again.

01

And I was assaulted by all the scary faces! It was actually kind of cool to see them all made up! I tagged along with a group of them to go trick or treat. Basically they went around to collect the Halloween cards, give out sweets and inform everyone of the exam supper. Not everyone was very friendly though so I think it's a tough job to be a Civ rep. Also, a lot of people went out for dinner so we missed out on interacting with our favourite people. Other than that though, it was all very interesting as I got to explore most of Block 60 that I haven't been before!

We also found out where Daniel's SP lived.

I sneaked into the function room to have a preview of the place. That's the best thing about being in publications, photographer and journo of the write-up (which will be online soon, check http://webx.ntu.edu.sg/hall12/ )! Yeah, I felt like I was getting an exclusive sneak...

01

Upon entering, I was greeted by two rows of candles, leading to “The Dream Catcher”. There was a corner decorated with webs and spiders cut out from construction paper. The tables all around were decorated with tealights as the centrepiece. After taking a closer look, there was mah-jong paper with spooky writing that appeared to be made in blood on the table. The attention paid to the little details served to bring the Halloween mood into the function hall.

I sat with JY, Juan, Pearlyn and Mei Si and her two schoolmates. There was a screening of The Maid, which I heard was Clarence's idea. Kristle is jumping up and down because she didn't manage to catch it. It happens to be the subject of one of our prof's papers that we were supposed to read! It's fantastic to be enjoying a movie and doing work at the same time!

01

My Hall Buddy Justin whom I only see during social events! Haha... He came in towards the back when the movie was close to the ending (Shaun too!) and kept asked what was going on! It's a movie that's hard to explain. I thought the first part was kind of filled with stuff for cheap thrills...

01

... and apparently that was enough to thrill the girls of James Bond! I applaud them for staying through the whole thing though! That's grand! The top left photo's of the people I was sitting with for dinner, which was pretty good! Top right's James Bond, arguably the biggest OG to show up together. And yes, that's the huddling. The Maid is effectively scary still.

01

Definitely one of my favourite decorations in the entire place! The banner with the pounding heart in the centre was good too, just that this one had a bit more punch to it and I think everyone took a photo with it. It's as special as... well, like the Merlion would be at SR!

01

After the movie we all came out for a breather and this huge group photo! Haha... There's like one person whom I cannot for the life of me identify, but it's definitely the first time I've seen 10 people stand in a row and be able to fit into a photo nicely! The person who achieved such a feat was none other than our Vice-Prez Victor...

01

... whom we took a photo with! Haha... Yes. It was really happening. We went on to take a barrage of photos. I think I should've taken more photos of the seniors though! For some reason, Yu Lian's face is everywhere, but it doesn't matter because she did look pretty with the star on her face! For the sake of identifying the people who don't appear that often on this blog - top right is Shaun (aka guy who brought mashed potatoes) and Ah Sun, and bottom left girl (which someone commented looked like Britney Spears BOMT vid) is Shirin, head of Social Comm.

01

And how could we miss out on Mr Popular! One more person with him and we would've completed a proper collage! Haha... I kinda like this set of pics. Very refreshing from my usual stand-there-and-smile! Bottom right are the girls of SC. I thought Elsa was stood out during the MC-ing. Yes, we know you wanted a commercial, you're scary and we should be sitting down!

I'm full of nonsense.

Anyway, there was a bit of partying going on after that. Alcohol was served, and music was blasted. The innovative people got this pole and it seems that all sorts of dance could be performed with a pole!

01

Once again I must applaud our VP for being so game and trying to hype everyone up! Ou xiang! Haha... Other than the pole dancing, there was also limbo...

01

... which got a lot of people involved, and that is always a good thing! It certainly ended on a high.

I personally felt that it was a success because as long as the people attended had a good time! So... I'm looking forward to the next social event!

But first - exams.

Cry me a river.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: