Monday, October 08, 2007

The Big Birthday Rock Show

I would've gone done earlier if I didn't have any commitments but as it turns out I had a lecture that ended slightly later than usual followed by water polo training. Despite sometimes being apprehensive because of my obvious incompetence, I enjoyed myself a lot, and yes, it is good exercise. Dan, Kel and I rushed back to have dinner at Can 13 before I went for a short Publications meeting where we took a group photo! After that Clarence and I made our way down to The Big Birthday Rock Show at WKWSCI! (That's our school!)

01

The highlight and draw for me was definitely King Kong Jane. I've been a big fan ever since I first saw them live at NTU's Vertical Marathon on 11th March last year. Since then I've seen them perform at Singapore Poly, this year's National Vertical Marathon (during my 1 hour break while I was working at Sony Wisma), Bar None, East Coast and JASH! YES! So this is the 6th performance I've attended so far... and I must say there's something new to look forward to every single time!

I loved the "old" favourites being performed - Crowded and especially My Brown Lollipop. I don't know why but all of a sudden I got "If It Wasn't For You". I've heard it a couple of times but this is the first time it really got to me. Maybe it was the small venue, maybe it was the slight drizzle... but that performance was outstanding. The Quan Dao Shou Bo (World Premiere) of The Emo Song was amazing too. The new sound took command of the audience's attention almost instantly. When Umbrella came on... the crowd went crazy and Kenneth even took out his hp to record the performance, while I recorded it on my camera. It's just something you'd want to experience over and over again. Colin cracked a few jokes that were really funny but I can't remember the one that was especially hilarious! Dammit. But he used the "Crowded" thing super a lot of times already lah!

You can take a look at their MySpace where you'll get to listen to some of their original works and check out the dates of their upcoming performances!

01

Spotted my Sec 1/2 best friend Derek. He was one of the bands who played. An accomplished singer, guitarist and writer... Yep, kind of wasted that I didn't get to see him perform. It was really cool seeing him again after about 2 years? I last saw him at a run at Sentosa, and we've already known each other for 9 years already!

It was great to see some of the other cool people around especially comm historians Yiling and Sheila, who were hosting, and Kenneth as well as Melvin and Pamy.

01

Ou Xiang!!!

Ooh, and my room has been kind of quiet recently, after my roomie packed his stuff and left on Saturday.

01

Sad. Sad.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: