Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Jolly Season

01

Traditionally, my relatives and I would gather at my grandparents' place to celebrate Christmas. This year we celebrated it on Sunday. Although it was a day before Christmas Eve, it didn't affect our enthusiasm! I appreciate my aunts making the effort to set up the tree and get presents to fill up the space underneath! Haha...

01

And that's almost all of us getting into the spirit of things! Before that we also played a lot of Starcraft! I missed that game a lot. It took me some time to get oriented to the game again after not playing for some time, but after a few rounds I think I was pretty good! Haha... It did become just a little bit repetitive for me after awhile so playing it once awhile is amazing especially since I'm not a gamer!

01

And camwhored some more.

01

The youngsters just could not get enough of the games. We also played one round of Age of Empires, which I'm admittedly not very good at! We hung around for a late night chat but I was feeling kind of sick so I left early. It's one of those rare occassions where we would all come together and spill our secrets, especially stuff about relationships! I have no idea why that's always the juiciest bits that we want to know about each other!

Despite leaving earlier than the rest of them, I didn't make it to bed till 4AM!

Yesterday Liqi and I took a trainride to Tiong Bahru...

01

.. to meet Daniel and Yiping...

01

... to get food for our steamboat!

01

We prepared the food with some help from Daniel's family. And yes, his house is jaw-droppingly huge. We ate till we couldn't eat any more! It was rather incredible that we managed to finish the amount of food we did, but I was really hungry to begin with. The butter prawns were especially delicious but then everything else was good too! It was simple to prepare and we just enjoyed an hour or two cooking and eating!

After that we went upstairs for a session of Mahjong. I was the only person who lost! Yeah, I was kind of disappointed and disgusted - also by the fact that my drawer was completely empty after the whole thing! Hahaha... I did learn a lot from them though, and my skills have totally levelled-up so watch out!

01

We went downstairs to take photo with the Christmas tree and had Tang Yuan for supper! I've had too much of these kinda snacks already - I can feel my tummy coming out as I'm sitting down typing this. I guess I'll have to really exercise more after this season of festivities!

We also had a gift exchange session. I gave Daniel a cake towel, which is essentially a towel that looks like a cake. I should've bought the chocolate one though cos the other one looks less... masculine! Hahaha! Daniel got for Yiping a plushy cushion. Yiping got Liqi an Adidas water bottle. I received a box of chocolates from Liqi! We continued watching a hilarious Hong Kong movie. I fell asleep halfway through but woke up when it ended to play Dai Di! I did rather well despite my grogginess. I can't say the same about myself when I'm fully conscious though!

After only a couple of rounds we gave up and went to sleep. In the morning we had Sara Lee's chocolate poundcake for breakfast before hitting the mahjong table again! I lost significantly less money, but was still the biggest loser. Bah. I can't get enough of the game though. I'll be winning soon enough.

We had lunch at...

01

... Ikea before heading back home. Great stuff!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: