Thursday, December 06, 2007

Sports Freak

I've had an absolutely insane week so far and I'm loving almost every second of it. On Monday I went to watch Pan Wei Bo's mini-concert (which didn't allow photography DAMMIT) with Hall Queen. Haha... his dancing was good. I was thoroughly entertained by his prescence (radiating shuai-qi in every direction) and his showmanship. However he only sang 4 songs, and one encore, which was the duet with Angela Zhang, Kuai Le Chong Bai. Of course Angela didn't appear - it was only a recording. He was pitch-perfect but someone one suspects that is not all that is needed to be a good singer. He was pleasant and funny on stage and really enthusiastic about playing Charades. However the showcase really showcased how he's being marketed more as an idol than as a singer. I was much more moved by Zhang Zhen Yue's appearance in NTU a couple of months ago, despite not being a fan. With Wilber, I could almost rap along word for word to his first single Bi Hu Man Bu (Crawling Gecko or something!), but he sort of lost me somewhere along the way in his career and seeing him live didn't change that. He had a hugging session after that though... but JY and I didn't stay to watch it!

Instead we rushed to JP to catch Hero, which was bloody good. I think I'll give it a 4/5. You don't have to watch the TV series to be entertained and it's no wonder it's the biggest blockbuster of the year in Japan. I thought the storyline was tight and the pacing was rather good. It's nice to see some cinematography that isn't so typical of Hollywood films. Refreshing to say the least. Also the highly talented and comical cast brought the film to a whole new level. Definitely one of the best movies I've seen outside Hollywood this year.

I've never been good at sports, but I do enjoy them tremedously.

So I had water polo on Tuesday morning and that almost drowned me. I'm just not that good in water I suppose but I'll still go for training, as long as I'm not allowed to be a liability during the match! It was cool, as my roomie put it, to be in the water, throwing balls and getting a tan. Although we didn't really turn dark after that!

Headed back to hall for a couple of hours of rest before going off to Hall 2 to attend training for my school's volleyball team. I enjoyed myself warming up and mixing around with people from CS. Haha... I'm more of a hall person so I do value the opportunity. After that I went to NIE court for more volleyball with my hall, and that was really another level. I was really knocked out by the end of the training. The match was thrilling. I can't believe I managed to serve balls properly during practice yet missed TWICE during the match itself. It's retarded. Blargh.

I was aching all over and feeling a sense of satisfaction after the long day. Although I'm looking forward to more training, I don't think I'll be able to after staring at my bank balance. Time to take on my jobs. =(

Anyway, I've just received photos from Dan-the-man (or in Sandars' terms "big Daniel") of our Sentosa trip yesterday. As you might recall it was pouring buckets (whoever uses the expression "cats and dogs" should really be sent back to kindergarten) but we had a hell of a time all the same. More on that tomorrow or something!

Enjoy the freaking hols people!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: