Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Kayaking 1 Star

For this entry I'll adopt a different style, mostly because I'm exhausted from working today. It's really quite crazy how hard we work for a single event, but then it just makes me want to see it succeed even more. Dnd 08 is going to be the shizzle dammit!

The past two days I've been braving the elements down at Kallang taking the Kayaking 1 star course. As everyone knows, the weather has been crap, raining heavily one moment and having the sun shining heavily on us the next! The first day we were drenched by the sea water and the rain water; while on the second day, quite a few of us got sunburnt, despite it being cloudy most of the day.

I enjoyed the experience thoroughly. It was the feeling of learning something new (okay, not totally but still!), and working at picking up a skill. Of course, achieving completion with the company of friends is fantastic as well. It was great having them around, to share the laughter, joy and aching of muscles!

There were two events that were really memorable. One was the mass capsize where all of us got capsized and we tried to save each other. I think we worked with pretty good synergy. The second was the small expedition trip which I enjoyed tremendously. I got to be the expedition leader for the first part of the trip! Besides that I loved having my brain filled by the single purpose of rowing and at the same time enjoying the view of Singapore's city skyline by the river. (I think I've got a thing for endurance sports.)It was fantastic. Pity we couldn't bring a camera along to take a shot! I also saw great strength and determination in the girls who paddled alongside us. They never wanted to give up despite the exhaustion. My entire torso was aching like mad after the experience so I could imagine how it must have been for them!

Anyway, the photos:

01

01

01

01

01

01

01

01

01

01

01

Last of all I'd like to thank Nick (yeah, that's him in the photo above) for being the brains and brawn behind this Kayaking course and Paddlephilia '08, the biggest overseas adventure next year!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: