Sunday, December 09, 2007

Blake Lewis - Audio Day Dream

01

Blake Lewis is definitely one of the most exciting artists I've come across in a long time. I haven't been a fan of American Idol. I think the last time I watched it was the season with Fantastia. Despite not following the lastest season, I've heard a lot about the contestant who has had the guts to break out from mere singing and incorporated beat-boxing. One thing I thought was great was that he had a unique character, he stood out and he already had an idea of what his signature sound would be.

Sorta reminds me of Daniel Bedingfield.

This album is all over the place, with all sorts of different sounds and genres mixed into it. I like the spontaneity and the fact that it sounds like him. This is, of course, in contrast to Britney who probably roped in all the producers she wanted asked them to write for her and just pick out those that sound like what she wanted. She has musical vision, but its not the same as what Blake has, which would probably sound tighter and more focused with a couple more albums.

I think he freaked record execs out with the album he was trying to make but thanks to recent successes with the electronic sound from producers like Timbaland, this album kind of sounds like Justin Timberlake-lite.

There are a couple of stand out tracks including the lead single Break Anotha, Gots to Get Her and How Many Words. I might get this album before I get Blackout. Yeah, I haven't bought it yet!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: