Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Potential Career

I secretly enjoy teaching.

I didn't realise that until today. I happened to be at my friend's place and his cousins came round asking for help so I taught the Primary 6 kid Maths. I tutor 4 Primary 6 kids at the moment so it wasn't a huge deal - I was familiar with the syllabus, common problems, tricky questions and all that nonsense. What surprised me was how much I enjoyed working with them, although it remains a huge source of frustration. The solution to their grades is never the solutions to the questions in the exams but rather to their different learning styles and attitudes. I find myself relishing the challenge.

As much as I complain about tutoring and the number of students I have (5 currently, 1 will go on holiday in June and my 2 cousins will take their place so that'll be 6) it keeps me occupied - it's a job and it's a good way to spend my time.

I'll probably have to give it up next year when I have internship as much as I would like to continue teaching. Working 6 days a week is ridiculous.

01

No comments: