Friday, May 15, 2009

First Graduation

b01

b02

b03

z01

b04

b05

b06

b07

b08

I've never been to graduation before. I'm honoured to be invited to this one. I wanted to be awed by the speeches, but they were preachy. A good graduation speech would consist of entertaining anecdotes, which is probably the most memorable and effective way of bringing across a point.

However, there were some moving thoughts expressed by outstanding graduates in the form of a video. I wanted to be able to say those things when I graduate. That I enjoyed every moment of being in NTU, I learned a lot - put in sweat, blood and tears and I got what I wanted. I've still got a long way to go to being able to say all that! It was motivational.

The highlight was a small, intimate gathering for the students in a classroom. One of the professors performed magic as his parting gift and he was nothing short of brilliant. He performs each act with the aim of imparting certain messages and there as one about planning for the future which struck a chord with me. It ended with a him picking Edric for the final act where they danced and tore paper - only that the lecturer managed to transform the torn bits into a cap while Edric's remained, well, bits of paper!

He had amazing rapport with the students and I was in awe of his presence despite being in the same room for only a short time with him.

I think my photography has improved. It's the first time that I was thrown alone with a DSLR and I managed to take about 200 of which 80 are decent enough to print! A huge thank you to Lyon for trusting me with the camera. I had an awesome time with it.

01

No comments: