Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Kid Again

I've settled in to a life of studying for exams. As bland as it may seem, waking up everyday for breakfast, studying and sleeping before enjoying the great food from Can 13/14, there's comfort in the routine. It's nice to know what to expect, with just a few deviations thrown in for good measure, like a movie or a long run. I'm also pretty self-sufficient. I've got all that I need to keep me holed up in hall for a long time.

Familiar old music from the net brings a sense of nostalgia. Where did good, soothing music go? Or maybe it's not so much the quality of the music but the ability to invoke memories of being carefree and innocent. It's great to live life like there aren't problems more pressing than exams after being used to thinking about things like whether I'm earning enough money, or whether I've split my time well amongst the friends I know. Not that that isn't important anymore but this is a time where exams are king. You're doing a favour by giving them time to study! Okay it's just me!

I feel like a kid again. Partially because people around me treat me like one. Of course I'm not that silly to think that I am; I'm not throwing everything I've learned in life out of the window. It's just that it's nice to be the one to respond to initiative instead of taking it. I suck at making things happen, but working with me to develop something, anything, creates impressive synergy. I guess I'm really satisfied with my lot now. I don't need more to be happy.

I just need this.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: