Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Studying

What can I say about studying that hasn't been said. Everyone's doing it. It's kinda crazy. There's really a lot of pressure to do well but at the same time it's only the first semester. I think I've only just warmed up to life in University. By that I'm referring to academically, not hall life!

Today's lesson on COM203 was a little encouraging, but a look at previous papers discouraged me a bit! It is quite interesting to see how the questions will be set because the exam is really unconventional. We've got to do our own research and coupled with the knowledge blessed upon us by our dearest professors, overcome and defeat the fearful, monstrous questions in the exam papers (which happens to be set by our dearest professors). The interesting thing about COM 203 is that we actually learn about Journ, PR and ad and EBM together, so you get to choose your media/weapon to battle against the evil monster which comes in the form of Global Warming or The Future of Media. That's where the problem comes in.

I haven't chosen my weapon. Yet.

I scared later my sword smaller than other people one lei. Else is I take same one as them then they can swing it harder than me. Then in the end they one hit monster KO, I never hit, see monster only then turn to play-doh.

It's an exciting battle though, and I'm looking forward to it. I probably sound a bit more optimistic than I really feel but... I think my interest will get me through.

For the other subjects though, that is hardly the case. It's the case of forcing everything into my brains. The worst part is though, now you know that the people who are taking the exams with you have more or less the same kind of strengths that you have, you'd have to work your fucking ass off just to be average. I did think of quitting but hey, since I'm here, I might as well give what I've got.

The problem with what I'm taking now (how many of you actually thought I was an arts student?) is that it requires me to come up with my own ideas and everything, which I'm not that used to. I'm not even used to writing stuff, other than in GP! And that was 2 years ago! It's a pain in the head and it requires a lot of exposure to different perspectives and forming one of my own. Tough stuff.

Studying's monotonous. It can be lonely. It's laborous. It's tedious. It's frustrating. It's rarely enjoyable, probably in the rare instance that some idea just strikes you and you see the lights. Like lightning-bright stadium lights.

The only thing that takes my mind off the stress of studying is exercise. And I had a great run with LQ today, which I attribute my current brilliantly clear state of mind to. But I'm going to sleep now cos my roomie's sleeping till damn shiok!

I'm looking forward to the end of exams though. As Louis put it... all we want is to have guilt-free fun.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: