Sunday, October 29, 2006

Abs

If there's thing I gained from the army, it would be looking after my health. Or at least they do it for me! I get (more than) sufficient sleep, devour lots of (unpalatable) food, and plenty of exercise. Especially running. But when I have lots of spare time on my hands, I find it hard to look after myself, or uproot myself from the place commonly known as "in front of the computer". I can't be bothered to have my meals on time, I watched Typhoon last night till 1AM, and I don't exercise much. I lack the discipline despite the fact that I do enjoy running and swimming.

I'm getting fat. So it doesn't seem very obvious right now, but if I continue on this way, I'm sure to get them to become the UN without even knowing it! I can't even remember when was the last time I did any cardio, until yesterday when I was sweating it out on DDR. Even then, it was only intense for the first 30 minutes. After that I became tired and got Cs and Ds for all the tough ones.

The magazines you read reflect your interests in life. I used to be the guy who bought all the UK Pop mags in lower secondary school, and everyone'd either be reading my Lime, Teens, Top of the Pops and 8 Days under the table while Mr Tan was droning on about algebra. Nowadays though the only magazine I get is Men's Health, so much so that my platoonmates would alert me to the release of every new issue every time it hits the magazine stands (because I'd buy it and they'd borrow it to read!). It was sort of like my bible for awhile, but nowdays I hardly finish reading even!

So I think it's about time I get my fitness back on track. Enough of the boozing (I still think there's going to be Irish Cream at Jie Yu's house) and late nights (did I mention I'm going to a stayover tonight). At least I need to try to make it happen! I know that maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on working on my physical appearance, but surely it's in your youth where it's the most valuable - just like wisdom is in old age. I'm not going to dress older (no, I don't need the credibility) because you realise that when you're old, you would never be able to look like you're 20 again.

Excuses are easy to make though. I want to swim. But I think it's going to rain.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: