Thursday, October 05, 2006

My BDay

I kicked off my birthday with a fantastic breakfast, before heading down to City Hall MRT station to meet Jie Yu, where we went to this particular restaurant with the most amazing view.



I think it's pretty nice that the buildings surrounding the Esplanade are making full use of its presence to create a good ambience. Pariss International Seafood Restaurant was where we had our lunch, and it was beyond words. I can't even start to describe how good everything tasted. Well, at least till I found out about the exhorbitant price that came with it.



Jie Yu was nice enough to treat me as a birthday present! It was one of my most memorable lunches. I was bedazzled by the choice of food there. In between making those difficult decisions, we caught up on each other's lives and other stuff.



This is just some of the great food that we felt were the creme de la creme, and we just had to try them! I look at the photos and I could almost taste them in my mouth! The crispiness of the salmon skin, the crunchiness of the cracker with the cheese and ham, the refreshing cold soba... The shell fish were orgasmic, with a capital O. There's a photo of me slurping up one of those, but I think the facial expression warrants a Restricted rating and therefore will be kept forever private.

Hahaha!

We keep discovering stuff that made the saliva flow.



Looking at it is tempting enough. When you actually get around to tasting it, it feels like all your childhood dreams have become reality, the sweettooth satisfied by that snow-white marshmallow dipped in luscious chocolate. Simply irressistable. I want it to be available to me everytime I have a craving for it, but I think the fondue-machine costs more than a hundred bucks. Next year's birthday present, anybody?

So Jie Yu went to take a glass of water, and when he came back we tried the sharks' fin soup. (Please don't kill us Angeline!) I'm most apologetic to say that it tasted really good. Although now I've got images of fisherman chopping off the shark's fin and throwing them back into the sea again, I couldn't resist myself at that time. And I'm sorry to all the chickens, cows, salmon, crayfish etc which all taste so good.

Anyway, all of a sudden, a waitress came over and plopped this on our table.



*stunned*

I stared at it for a couple of moments, not really comprehending what it all meant until the waitress wished me happy birthday. I cannot believe I was taken by surprise by such a simple gesture. Apparently, Jie Yu went to tell the waitress to prepare a little something while he went to take his glass of water. He sang a birthday song and took a couple of photos of me removing the candle with my teeth! Our class tradition.

After that we went to cause a bit of trouble for the nice people at Creative just to buy a pair of speakers for $20. But it was a lot of fun shopping there! I've spotted some stuff I really wanted to get. I rushed all the way to Cineleisure after that to watch Miami Vice with my army friends.

It wasn't that good after all. Let down by the script and the lack of direction in the first half of the movie, despite strong performances by Colin Farrell (as much as I dislike him), Gong Li and Jamie Foxx. Ivan said that he'd rather watch John Tucker Must Die again. I agreed.

Before I continue, here's a question. Why did Little Mermaid use seashells to cover her bits? The answer can be found along the way.

After that Terence and Daniel met us on the way to Marina. They gave me a birthday present which I'm very grateful for. Probably my only one this year! Haha! It was a Billabong wallet from 77th Street. Cool stuff. We went to have steamboat.



Which was where Guo Fei told us that cold joke about Little Mermaid. The answer is because she couldn't fit into a B-shell. Go figure. (It's hilarious when it's spoken, rather than written.)

The next day Terence, Daniel and I went to Sentosa. Daniel made sandwiches, which were pretty good if he didn't wrap them up in serviettes! Gosh. We had a hell of a time running around, playing frissbee and volleyball.



Aren't I a good photographer? Anyway, I was motivated to run a bit extra because of the double combo from the two buffets I had the day before. In fact, I'm still reeling from having eaten that much! It was really very fun, and I can't wait to go back to Sentosa again with a huge group of people and play. Although I'm not exactly the best sports person, but practice makes perfect and I enjoyed myself a lot. No point depriving myself of the adrenaline rush and running around.



Then we did other beachy stuff like swimming to the opposite island (where my legs almost cramped up, did I realise that I did a bit too much running), played in the sea, and buried each other in the sand. There wasn't much sun - the weather consisted of clouds and haze, but I really regret not applying the sunblock. I'm now quite burnt. Boo.

We were at the opposited island when we heard some screaming and I when I looked over, there were two guys who were about to toss a girl into the water. I recognised the voice as Jeanette Aw. And we swam back to see some of the acting in action! They were there filming the scenes for a rather long time. One of the very cliche scenes were that Elvin Ng took off his shirt for a very wet Jeanette. And so being the very kaypoh celeb-obsessed person I am, I ran back to get Terence's camera (which has fantastic zoom) to take a couple of photos. However, it being my first time, I felt kind of embarrassed to be snooping around. So I my photos didn't turn out that well.



I think it's bloody cool that Terence's camera has that blue-strap thing! It looks almost like an Olympic medal hanging from my neck! Bloody cool! And volleyball - my absolute favourite sport!

I took an entire day of snoozing in camp to recover from these two days' activities. I've got to brace myself for another 2 days of fun, movies and a picnic at a really special place. Can't wait!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: