Saturday, October 14, 2006

JKYH Top 20 (67)



01. My Love - Justin Timberlake ft T.I. (+1) 5

02. So Excited - Janet (-1) 4
03. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (+1) 5
04. Long Way 2 Go - Cassie (+2) 4
05. Happiness - Orson (+2) 6
06. Wei Wu Du Zun - Jolin Tsai (+3) 4
07. Ring The Alarm - Beyonce (-4) 6
08. Nothing In This World - Paris Hilton (+2) 3
09. Be In Tokyo - Teriyaki Boyz (+5) 4
10. Something Kinda Ooh - Girls Aloud (+2) 4
11. Rock Steady - All Saints (+5) 2
12. Hurt - Christina Aguilera (+6) 2
13. Lose Control - Kevin Federline (+2) 4
14. Catching and Killing - Youth Group (-1) 4
15. Something About You - Jamelia (+4) 2
16. Easy - Sugababes (+1) 2
17. I Still Believe - Vivian Hsu & Cao Ge (NEW)
18. I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters (NEW)
19. Ting Ma Ma De Hua - Jay Chou (NEW)
20. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake (-9) 14

I know all important record execs are reading this when I said that "someone please tell Justin that he's not going to take #1 on my chart if he doesn't come out with a video soon". I didn't hear any news of him actually recording a video, but it was sneakily released two days ago. You can see it here. It reminds me a bit of Rock Your Body with the lights and camera angles. Combining powers with Timbaland and T.I. on this track as well as the video, it will most certainly be popular in Hip Hop and R&B circles. That being said, I think there is no argument (just like no one should argue with Toxic) that the song is a force to be reckoned with. Incorporating rap into music filled with synth-heavy dance beats, Timberlake switches between his normal voice and signature falsetto to announce his undying love for, well, his love. My favourite lyrics of the song are the images that are conjoured, "I can see us holding hands, walking on the beach our toes in the sand. I can see us on the countryside, sitting on the grass laying side by side." Team Justin! (Not that there's any competition nowadays.) On the Billboard Hot 100, Sexyback is still #1, while My Love climbs 3 to #13 and is awarded Airplay Gainer yet again.



At #8 and #9 are Paris Hilton and Teriyaki Boyz with Nothing In This World and Be In Tokyo respectively. I've been stuck in camp for 4 days this week (only 2 other people in my platoon can claim to have done that) and so radio had a big influence on this week's chart. I have a feeling that Hilton Hotels sponsored 98.7's music directors to a full week at their suite. I've heard Nothing In This World no less than 3 times a day. Be In Tokyo has been on heavy rotation at the radio station and shows no sign of letting up! Don't take the songs too seriously, and you'll love them. Seriously. Wait. I'm still in shock that Nicole Richie and Paris Hilton are talking to each other. Best friends again?



At #10 and #11 are Girls Aloud and All Saints. I have no idea why I'm commenting on the tracks in pairs and that coincidentally, they chart alongside each other, but here's the link between these two acts - they've gotten into a bitch fight. This week there's more gossip on my chart than there is music! Cheryl Cole of GA said, "The new All Saints sound just sounds just like us.". The All Saints, which Naaman commented "are absolutely BITHCES that despise EACH OTHER at the best of times!" hit back, with Shaznay Lewis saying, "In all honesty they are stupid little girls and we don't really give a f***. That's the end of that." I know you just want to know more about the bitchfight.



I could not be convinced, despite being prodded plenty of times by people with lots of music cred, that the Scissor Sisters' new song was likeable. Don't get me wrong, I did try. I had it on my play list for close to 2 months or so, and deleted it just last week. I gave up completely; I just didn't get it. However, when it got played on radio when I was doing A Maths in bunk this week, my brain clicked, I got hooked on from beginning to end, singing along in falsetto and promptly embarrassing myself in the process. The Scissor Sisters' are of course, huge in the UK with their single dipping to #2 after reigning at #1, and their album also dipping to #3 after peaking at #1. They're unbelievably camp with this song, and I like it, just like I did Filthy/Gorgeous and Take Your Mama.

New tracks to look out for this week Ciara - Promise, U2 & Green Day - The Saints Are Coming and Corinne Bailey Rae - Like A Star. Shockingly and disappointingly enough, that's all I've got this week. I'll make it up with a juicy piece of info - Fergie's London Bridge is actually about 4-person sex. London Bridge is apparently a sex position. Check here. And no, if you want to see how it looks like, you'll have to google it yourself. Oops, sorry to the kids out there reading.

And this just came in, as I'm writing and looking for information! Beyonce has decided to release Irreplaceable in the UK and she's even done a video for it! I am shocked. Period. See it here.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: