Friday, October 20, 2006

Bintan Day 01 II



And this is where one third of my entire expenditure at Bintan Resorts went to. We were rather appalled to see that there was only a single crab for the 4 of us. It costs about 38 dollars per person but we got to taste a wide variety of food, most of which you'd expect to see at a wedding dinner. This place is rather famous, and it's called The Kelong. It's part of Nirwana Gardens. I don't know if I'd recommend it because of the steep price, but if money is not an issue, the food here is rather good.

There's this wooden walkway that leads to this bar on stilts. However the atmosphere there was lousy. The concept is good - a bar in the middle of the sea, but they really need to work on making the place happening. It's true that it's off-peak period and all, but despite the novelty I couldn't be bothered to chill out there.

There was this NATAS promotion where we'd get a 30 dollar rebate for spending 60 dollars, and so in order to split the bill into two and get rebates for both rooms, we ended up buying drinks so as to reach the amount required.



The only two things I know about the Irish are probably the Leprechauns and Ronan Keating. However I believe Bailey's Irish Cream should be the thing that they're known for! I own a bottle of it at home and this little mix hear contains vanilla, Bailey's, chocolate and a bit of Rum. Needless to say...



I got quite high on it despite only drinking about half! I think it's the rum! It tastes pretty damn good. I'm going to invite a few friends and try making it at home myself!

After that we went back to the hotel. The initial plan was to go back and sleep but seeing that it was still early we went around to explore the place a bit.



Oh yeah, and we went to the reception where the people were extremely friendly. We asked how to get the rebate and then there was this huge paper/money chase as the bill was supposed to be charged to the hotel room (when we paid by cash and were not allowed to charge to the hotel because we didn't pay the deposit) and there was this huge money-chase going on while we stoned around.

Ended off all the photo taking with one last pic in the lift. It reminds me of the pics in Thailand! I wonder what's the purpose of mirrors in elevators...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: