Saturday, October 28, 2006

JKYH Top 20 (69)



01. My Love - Justin Timberlake ft T.I. (3) 7 ***

02. Wei Wu Du Zun - Jolin Tsai (2) 6
03. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (+3) 7
04. Nothing In This World - Paris Hilton (2) 5
05. Something Kinda Ooh - Girls Aloud (+4) 6
06. I Still Believe - Vivian Hsu & Cao Ge (+4) 3
07. Be In Tokyo - Teriyaki Boyz (-4) 6
08. Lose Control - Kevin Federline (+5) 6
09. So Excited - Janet (-4) 6 *
10. Long Way 2 Go - Cassie (-2) 6
11. Lips Of An Angel - Hinder (+7) 2
12. Lonely - Shannon Noll (+8) 2
13. Rock Steady - All Saints (-2) 4
14. I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters (2) 3
15. Hurt - Christina Aguilera (-3) 4
16. Far Away - Nickelback (+3) 2
17. Ting Ma Ma De Hua/Tui Hou - Jay Chou (2) 4
18. I Belong To Me - Jessica Simpson (NEW)
19. Fergalicious - Fergie (NEW)
20. Take Me As I Am - Mary J Blige (NEW)

Is it me or has Pop music got a kick back to life this week? It's been a long time since some new act came and took the scene by storm like Britney Spears did (so I'm a fan and I'll name-drop whenever I want to!), so it seems that old acts are what keep the current scene alive today. We see seasoned Pop acts who used to be part of a group (Justin Timberlake, Fergie, Beyonce), then the teen pop wave people (Christina, Jessica Simpson, Jolin) and of course those who've been around for a long time to begin with (Janet, Mary J Blige). It seems that they've flying the flag for Pop pretty well. Ooh, and the new songs I've got to introduce this week are really adrenaline-pumping. Goodness.

#1 needs no introduction, and if I do it again I'll probably get shot. I'll keep it simple and bring your attention to the fact that Justin's two songs are back-to-back on the Billboard chart. Sexyback is at #4, while My Love moves up 3 to #5. It's been a long time since anyone had 2 tracks in Top 5 territory. Billboard states, "Justin Timberlake occupies two adjacent positions in the top five of The Billboard Hot 100, the first artist to have a pair of hits in the top five since Mariah Carey occupied the top two in September 2005." I have no idea what's the next single going to be, but I guess the management's excited about how well the album and the current single is doing, so it'll be some time till it is released.



At #8 this week is probably the guy who has the most kids in the chart. If there was a chart where we'd rank the singers according to how many kids they have, K Fed can proudly say he's got 4, with the youngest one who popped out about a month ago. His album Playing With Fire drops on Halloween, 31st October. I demand ya'll show him some love because he's getting beaten up on WWE just to promote his joint (well he did get revenge a few days later). In a desperate attempt to get you to try to listen to his shizzle, Britney told me to offer you a listen to a track she worked with him on, called Crazy. I think it will eventually be a single, but if it flops, ouch for Britters. Someone says it sounds like the P Diddy/Christina collaboration. It's somewhere there. There's a rather decent performance of Privilege on youtube but I can't find it any more. Ya haters would probably tell me cos it's too bad to be on there. Bah.

Gosh, I'm at a lost. I don't know who to talk about already. There's a certain staleness due to the same acts clogging up the chart. Whatever then. New songs this week.

Moby feat Debbie Harry - New York New York. Isn't Debbie Harry someone famous? Like from Blondie? It sure sounds like. Whatever it is, it's superb! Heck, I think I'll check up on it. And I'm right! It's amazing that she's still making music at 61. This isn't by any means a very unique track, but hearing her voice again makes me feel so alive. I just can't describe it. Wow.

Gwen Stefani - Wind It Up. Hot mess, not sure if I like it or not.



Good Charlotte - Keep Your Hands Off My Girl. Another fantastic track from the band. It's the most surprising stuff they'd ever come up with. They're my favourite punk-rock band of the moment. There isn't a single from them that I don't like. Hot. The video is surprisingly sleek and grown up. The dressing included. A bit less punk, a whole lot more class.

Ciara - Promise. I know I've intro-ed it awhile ago, but this is another song which is unique. It sounds like nothing out there. Check the video out on youtube. It's a wicked Usher-ish video - groove music with nifty dance steps.

Other tracks include The Killers - Bones, Jamelia - Beware of the Dog, Mcfly - Star Girl, Amy Winehouse - Rehab, Hot Chip - Over and Over, and their first single in over 10 years, Take That - Patience, and as a mark of irony, Robbie Williams - Lovelight.

If there's anything that has slipped my radar, feel free to let me know. Till next week!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: