Saturday, October 07, 2006

Cathay

Yesterday Mak and I went to town. I was dressed terribly because I thought we were going to Causeway Point, but it was a mistake on my part. I didn't read the SMS carefully enough because I was distracted! Anyway, we decided to go to town in the end because I'm thoroughly tired of visiting Causeway Point. We had lunch (that omelette noodle thing) at PS before walking down to the Cathay.



We were greated with all these comics which had the theme of shopping. I took photos of a couple more of them, but I don't think it'll be a great idea to flood my blog with them! These are just two, which I found rather entertaining. The place has been opened for quite some time, yet it's my first visit there! We went to buy tickets You, Me and Dupree before walking around.



We went into Addidas, and I liked the layout of this shop - spacious and tonnes of variety. Anyway, Mak bought me a shirt from there. It was kind of weird because unlike the time when I secretly bought him an Addidas shirt at Bugis while we were shopping, I was present and he just gave me a shirt to try. He saw it on me. When I came out, the guy asked if I wanted to buy the shirt, and I was kind of stunned. There was awkward silence. Then Mak came and said, "Yeah, I'll have that!" Haha... It's a great birthday present (other than the fact that I know the price) and I really appreciated it.



We went to visit this place which had a lot of historical stuff on cinemas. There were old cameras, projectors, films and cinema seats from the past eras of Cathay cinemas. It was pretty cool to go in there and take a look around. The decoration was lavish, and there are some pretty interesting things to see.



The background was some humungous poster thing which kind of make us look like we were on the scene of King Kong or something. Yeah, and that blue shirt was the thing I bought from Addidas in March which he said was a little short at the sleeves! Hey, he's got long arms!

Anyway, we went to Starbucks for coffee after that, and I didn't know he didn't want whipped cream, and I ended up having twice my serving of whipped cream! Gosh... I really need to go for a run one of these days. Time passed quickly as we were chatting and soon enough it was 1715 and we went to catch the movie, with popcorn and drinks in hand.



It's not a fantastic comedy, but it's way better than the trash that Jim Carrey has come up with recently. There's a strong emphasis on relationships, be it friendship, love or with your father-on-law. I think it's the play on human emotions that makes this interesting. The jokes are predictable, and it didn't get me laughing out loud like John Tucker did.



However there're a few memorable moments, like in the above, you can see the reaction of the couple when Dupree popped in while they were making out! Carl's covering his hardon with the pillow while Molly fell off the bed in shock. It was rather hilarious. It's kind of fun to imagine you and your best friend facing such a scenario, probably out of circumstance. The pacing and storyline wasn't tight enough, and it was exaggerated at times, but still heartwarming and good to watch. If you've got plenty of time (and cash), you might want to catch this.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: