Saturday, October 07, 2006

JKYH Top 20 (66)



01. So Excited - Janet (+3) 3

02. My Love - Justin Timberlake ft T.I. (3) 4
03. Ring The Alarm - Beyonce (2) 5
04. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (+5) 4
05. Qian Li Zhi Wai - Jay Chou ft Fei Yu Qing (-4) 7
06. Long Way 2 Go - Cassie (+4) 3
07. Happiness - Orson (+1) 5
08. Get Up - Ciara (-1) 9
09. Wei Wu Du Zun - Jolin Tsai (+4) 3
10. Nothing In This World - Paris Hilton (+6) 2
11. SexyBack - Justin Timberlake (-6) 13
12. Something Kinda Ooh - Girls Aloud (+3) 3
13. Catching and Killing - Youth Group (+4) 3
14. Be In Tokyo - Teriyaki Boyz (+5) 3
15. Lose Control - Kevin Federline (+5) 3
16. Rock Steady - All Saints (NEW)
17. Easy - Sugababes (NEW)
18. Hurt - Christina Aguilera (NEW)
19. Something About You - Jamelia (NEW)
20. Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl Can Have - Panic! At the Disco (-9) 6

Janet reigns at #1 with So Excited. I've always been a big fan of her uptemp tracks. And I think she lost it with Just A Little While, but still, there's much to be mentioned about her strong grip on Pop music. All For You, Someone To Call My Lover, Doesn't Really Matter are just some of the songs which made her relevant to the scene and this track does exactly the same thing. I think I'd be hard pressed to find someone who makes dance so hard-core. Check out the wicked performance of this track as well as Call On Me and Nasty right here.

Oh, and someone please tell Justin that he's not going to take #1 on my chart if he doesn't come out with a video soon. My Love is #2 on my chart for a third week in a row. The song is steadily climbing up the Billboard charts, honoured with the title of Airplay Gainer, and moves up 9 to #16 this week. He is of course still tops with Sexyback for a sixth week running.

At #12 is Girls Aloud with Something Kinda Ooh. It's a thundering dancefloor track that's no doubt in the same vein as their previous singles. These ladies can sing. So when you combine powervocals with power music, you get music that makes you want to go ooh! This is the leading track off their upcoming Greatest Hits album, which is a dual disc release. I've seen the tracklisting and I would like to announce my SHOCK at them having a track titled Singapore. Everybody say it with me, "What the FUCK?!" I'm not angry or anything, but if the song's named after my country, it better be good loves, or risk incurring my wrath. I'm not joking. I need to lay my hands on the song ASAP. Full tracklisting and report here.

The Sugababes are one of the 3 UK acts who debut their leading singles from new albums this week. At #17 is Easy, which is also one of the few tracks off their Greatest Hits. Titled "Overload: The Singles Collection", it's set for release on the 13th November. You can take a look at the video here. I think the concept of black is really classy and the Sugababes have outdone themselves again with this track. Sultry and sexy. Love the lyrics too! "I want sex on the beach and I don't mean on the rocks."

New tracks that deserve a mention this week include David Hasselhoff - Jump In My Car, India.Arie - There's Hope, Lil' Chris - Checkin' It Out, Simply Red - Oh What A Girl, LeAnn Rimes & Brian Mcfadden - Everybody's Someone, Jesse McCartney - Right Where You Want Me, The Streets - Pranging Out... And shockingly enough that's it! Well, pop's most brilliant have already done their utmost for the scene seeing that in recent times all these familiar acts (Timberlake, Beyonce, All Saints, Aguilera, Girls Aloud) who have a decent track record have managed to put something out there. There're chart battles to be fought and albums to be bought. Till next week!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: