Sunday, October 22, 2006

JKYH Top 20 (68)



01. My Love - Justin Timberlake ft T.I. (2) 6

02. Wei Wu Du Zun - Jolin Tsai (+4) 5
03. Be In Tokyo - Teriyaki Boyz (+6) 5
04. Nothing In This World - Paris Hilton (+4) 4
05. So Excited - Janet (-3) 5
06. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol (-3) 6
07. Happiness - Orson (-2) 7
08. Long Way 2 Go - Cassie (-4) 5
09. Something Kinda Ooh - Girls Aloud (+1) 5
10. I Still Believe - Vivian Hsu & Cao Ge (+7) 2
11. Rock Steady - All Saints (2) 3
12. Hurt - Christina Aguilera (2) 3
13. Lose Control - Kevin Federline (2) 5
14. I Don't Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters (+4) 2
15. Something About You - Jamelia (2) 3
16. Easy - Sugababes (2) 3
17. Ting Ma Ma De Hua/Tui Hou - Jay Chou (+2) 2
18. Lips Of An Angel - Hinder (NEW)
19. Far Away - Nickelback (NEW)
20. Lonely - Shannon Noll (NEW)

This week's chart is probably the most inaccurate reflection of my music taste - possibly because I haven't been listening to any of them (cos I've been beach bumming)! That aside, it's time to feed you with news of what's going on with the music world.

At #1 on my chart this week is Timberlake with My Love. There're so many aspects of the song that are constantly being discovered in my mind. Be it the prelude to the song (which you can hear on the album or the music video), the guest rap, the falsetto verses followed by the repetitive, insistent chorus where he mentions the title again and again, everything about this track is fresh. Sexyback has been usurped on Billboard by Ludacris and Pharrell's Money Maker. However, My Love continues to ascend and this week, makes its way into the Top 10, moving up 5 notches to #8. I think it has the potential to hit #1 but not if he continues to look like this!

#3 must have come as a shock for many. The track has been grinding nerves since its release. I was rather neutral when I first heard it on radio, just surprised that the track managed to make it to the airwaves - after all, it is merely lifted from the soundtrack of the movie of the same name. The most hilarious bit is that the girls actually say Fast and Furious but it's so well-hidden under the Japanese accent that it's almost impossible to figure out! I heard it at Sentosa yesterday and I started grooving along while playing in a volleyball match. Its gotten to me on many levels - come on! What's there not to like about it!


At #12 is Christina Aguilera, a non-mover there with Hurt. I like the song more everyday, and I think this is her biggest scremer-hit yet. It does annoy me sometimes (at least Jessica Simpson has stopped yelling!) and despite the vocal prowess, her (growly) tone doesn't appeal to me. Whatever it is, she looks incredible on the set of P.Diddy's new single Tell Me. It seems that she's gone back to this Urban look, that'd be how I'd expect her to dress after coming from the Come On Over era. Not Dirrty, nor Ain't No Other Man. Anyway, Tell Me is a smoking hot song, where she uses her voice to fulfill P Diddy's musical vision (for once in a long time not her own!). And I like it. I hope she does more of it in her next album, because seriously her "blast from the past" thing is way overdone and overemphasized this time around. I love reflective lyrics and all, but there's just something incredibly hawt about her purring "I know you gonna like it, tell me how you want it." in Tell Me. Next album Christina. That's how I want it.


I prefer hard rock to lite rock. Lite would be Orson and Snow Patrol. Hard would be this week's debuts at #18 and #19 featuring Hinder and Nickelback. We all know Nickelback and their songs manage to outlast every rock act there is of late. Paperback? How You Remind Me? They make songs that you can hear over and over again and never get tired of. On to Hinder (pictured), who have been making huge waves on Billboard with their second single Lips of an Angel. Their first single, Love Stoned, went largely unnoticed by the pop scene. However with this track, they're set to become the biggest new rock act of the year. I love how it sounds - typical, but fantastic nonetheless!

And everyone wants to know who'll be rocking the charts in future weeks, so let's start with the biggest name of them all Emma Bunton - Downtown, Jay Z - Show Me What You Got, The Wreckers - My Oh My, Rogue Traders - Watching You, T.I. - Live In The Sky, Outkast - Idlewild Blue and Imogen Heap (!!!) - Headlock. Till next week!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: