Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Mahjong Madness

There was a comapany cohesion yesterday at East Coast Park. We were supposed to be BBQ-ing but all I did was mingle around with my platoonmates. I guess it's strange that once upon a time we'd see each other from the moment we woke up in the morning right down to the time we shut our eyes for slumber again at night. I think I'm not used to seeing them at such irregular intervals! Anyway, I'm tired of BB

After that I took a cab along with Ivan, Samuel and Guo Fei to Causeway Point to withdraw money. We had our dinner at the coffeeshop near Ivan's house. The food was decent and helped fuel us with the energy needed for the night ahead. We headed to Ivan's house and started playing Mahjong almost immediately. There were only a couple of "technical breaks" in between where we took the chance to visit the toilet, watch TV, rest our eyes and for them to settle some of their online-gaming stuff. My contact lenses irked me so much at around 11PM or so that I threw them out for good, despite not wearing them for a month yet! We pounded the tiles with gusto all the way till 630AM. The last few games were played with a bit less enthusiasm than what we had initially but it was highly entertaining, and we shared a few good laughs along the way. It's funny how many names can be associated with the characters on the Mahjong tiles. We went our seperate ways after that, exhausted.

I had a mere 4 hours of sleep before rushing out to meet David at Orchard. We had lunch at KFC and talking about our lives before bracing ourselves for a great hunt at The Heerans, Cineleisure and Far East Plaza. He got for me a shirt (as a Christmas present) from The Heerans with a hilarious string of words on it. I'll post a photo of it once I get the chance. The second shirt would be 40% off and he got for himself a brown one with a graphic design. We then made our way to Sembawang Music at Cine where he got 2 CDs. I wanted very badly to gain posession of Cao Ge's DVD, but I don't know when my next pay is coming! Bumped into Nathaniel there too. After that we went to Far East Plaza where he got for himself a 3/4 pants. I don't know if I'm the spending externality for him (as Jie Yu probably is for me!), but the last time we went out he spent over a hundred bucks too! Met Bing Xiang and his group of ODAC friends there as well. It was fun to go shopping... even though I do it all the time!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: