Thursday, August 03, 2006

Bangkok Day 05

I haven't got many pictures for this post because it was the last day after all, and its been a month since the trip. I can hardly remember all the details! But it doesn't matter really because I think photos take less effort to look at than words. You won't have to try so hard to make out what I'm trying to say anyway!



A typical day in Bangkok starts off like that actually. We would go for breakfast before coming back for a shower. Then there'd be time for the contact-lens insertion and hairstyling. Those are the two (unnecessary) things we indulge in before we step out of the hotel room. And of course there's that little bit of cam-whoring. Which is usually my fault.

Hey, what's the point of having a better camera than mine if you don't use it?

We went to this super-ulu place and came back empty handed. It was partly (not entirely) my fault, because I should've insisted on going to the place that I wanted to shop! But I didn't. Sern Hong made the decision of going to some obscure place to look for soccer jerseys. We didn't find any!

We went to MBK and I finally found my Portugal jersey! I was ecstatic. It must've been my greatest buy of the day. Anyway, we went to this Jap restaurant for lunch.



And the food tasted really good. See that noodle that SH is eating on the right? I tried the same one at Sakae and it paled in comparison. I believe I'll have to fly all the way back to Bangkok to taste it. Either that or go to some bloody expensive restaurant in Singapore. I've forgotten what it's called. It's eaten cold and you dip it into this bowl of sauce. Yeah.

I love it.



There's a cinema at MBK (as if you didn't already know) and they had this humungous promo for Pirates of the Carribean! Speaking of which, I haven't had the time to write a review on it. In short - if you haven't watched it, you must! Alright, so now you know how I feel about the movie, I ain't writing about it anymore.



This was the last photo that we took at the hotel. We took a photo practically everytime we used the elevator. Well, the mirror's there for a reason. I suppose taking photos of ourselves was one of them! There's a bit of chronological error because we checked out before our shopping trip so this photo's supposed to be in front. We left our luggage at the hotel for safe-keeping for the rest of the day.

We took a cab to the airport and along the way, the vehicle suffered from a punctured tyre. Yes, in the middle of the freaking highway dammit! Thankfully, it was changed in a jiffy and SH and I went to look for his stuff while Daniel and Terence went to the airport to confirm our flight details.

We were in a different part of Bangkok altogether, a place that tourists don't often go. Anyway, it was a shopping centre, kind of like 2-3 Causeway Points joined up together, and there wasn't any haggling. The things there relatively expensive. It's kind of like CWP prices converted into Baht. SH was looking for this jacket for his sister. The brand's supposed to be very expensive and exclusive (I have never heard of it before), and he thought it costed 100 dollars or so, but that mere green (EW) jacket costs 200 over dollars.

So he gave up. We bought this thing - bacon wrapped around hotdog - and it tasted bloody good. Completely orgasmic. I am going to make it for my next BBQ!



We went to the airport and took even more photos. I bought Bailey's Irish Cream over there. It was my all time favourite alcohol. Anyway, it's 5 dollars cheaper in Singapore's DFS, so don't get cheated like I did!



We took the evening plane back to Singapore and there were strong winds and everything. They then turned off the lights in the plane for awhile too. It was pitch black outside at night; I couldn't see anything outside other than the lights on the wings!

It was kind of late by the time we reached Singapore but there was another mad rush of shopping at DFS before we all returned home safe and sound after the reasonably long and enjoyable 5 day trip to Bangkok! Fantastic stuff.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: