Sunday, August 20, 2006

New Balance Real Run



Oh yeah, I had a hell lot of fun today. You can either tell from the pictures, or enjoy my long, tiresome description of it.

I woke up damn early in the morning, and my dad drove his cab to pick up Guo Fei from his house before letting us alight at Jurong East. We were supposed to take this bus that would send us straight to Sentosa. However, I forgot to bring my number tag and the chip that came with it. GF volunteered to go with me back to my house to take it. I'm very grateful for that. He sacrificed his sleep (on the bus), which was a big deal to him! My sister also helped by slotting the thing under the door such that it made it very convenient to go up, grab it and flag another cab to take us to Sentosa. Total cab fare was about 30 bucks.

We walked over the Sentosa. That was kind of cool. It did look like it was going to rain though! We waited for everyone to arrive and by that time the run had started! It was off to a rather slow walk at the beginning, but after awhile my adrenaline was pumped high as I overtook quite a lot of people along with my platoonmates. Alright, it was kind of dumb of me because most of them were civilians, while I the most meaningful thing I do in camp is probably run. However it did give me that rush from being able to speed past people. The run on the beach was probably the hardest part. No doubt the escalating roads did make me feel as if I was using the gym's stair-trainer, running on the sloping sand (from right to left!) was insane. I spent most of my energy trying to keep my balance. I'm just glad I didn't walk. I was damn motivated when I managed to see Samuel and Charles during the last stretch. However, I didn't expect myself to be able to sprint all the way to the finishing line. I just couldn't contain it. If only I could do it during my IPPT on Wednesday...

The ice-cold 100 Plus tasted fantastic. I had about 2 and a half cans myself after the run!

I met an ancient friend of mine, from way back in RVHS. I was kind of stunned when this guy came up to me and stuck his hand out. I had this horribly awkward feeling that he might've got the wrong guy, but instinct told me to just shake it. It was then that I realised that it was Jia Hui! Probably my best friend during my lower Sec days. We lost contact for about 4 years already - the last time I saw him properly (and talked) was when I crashed NJC during the first 3 months. We chatted for awhile and I think that I might take the initiative to meet up with him one of these days. It was a pleasant surprise.

I also met Chon Hoong who gave me a huge slap on the back as a greeting. It was really cool to see him too. He's in school already, and I bet he's enjoying it!



We took a long walk to the beach. Actually we gave up about half-way and took the bus instead. We were soaking ourselves in the sea until Samuel started throwing sand. That's when WWIII broke out. We might be ganging up on someone, or backstabbing each other. It was terrible, in a good way. I've realised that sand is bloody painful, but not bad enough to be injured by. I'm just happy I didn't get hit by the wet singlet! There were moments where we very nearly played out Infernal Affairs! YC wanted to throw sand at me, while GF wanted to throw sand at him, and I was going to throw it at GF. I got a cramp from all that running and swimming! It was very havoc.



GF wanted to get buried in the sand, and they actually made boobs and a big...err.. shlong for him, which I deem too R(A) to be posted. After that Charles got buried. Jeff then left early because he had to meet up with his friends. We continued sand warring, before taking a lot of photos and washing up.



After that we went to PS to have lunch at Manhattan-sth-sth. I can't remember the name. Ivan came to meet us. The food was rather ex and not too good for my sorethroat. It was tasted real good though. I went home, while Samuel, Ivan and GF went to play LAN.

It's been an extremely tiring but fulfilling day. I had a lot of fun.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: