Sunday, August 06, 2006

Money Should Drop From The Sky

I know I've had a rather entertaining weekend with the steamboat on Friday night, but I haven't gotten the pictures and as such, I don't think I'll blog about it! Anyway, after the barrage of photos from Thailand, everyone must be sick of seeing the four of us. I can't even think of what other poses we could come up with to take alongside the food! We've exhausted most posibilities and shall give it a rest before we come back in full force! Soon I hope.

I've been having a bit of financial woes recently. I'd like to think of myself as one who'd spend reasonably. I haven't bought anything for myself since the Thailand trip. I've tried to cut down on spending money on extravagant stuff. However, it seems that I've either been unconsciously spending on things that are expensive, or there's a whole in my wallet where the money just drops out from.

Oh, and I owe quite a bit of money to my platoonmates. Guo Fei helped me pay the registration fee for the New Balance Real Run (which inspires cold jokes of a fake run) and that's 26 dollars already. I don't want to count but I guess it amounts to about 120 dollars in all. On top of all of that I haven't paid my phone bills yet! And since I've to give my parents 200 bucks every month, I'm left with half of what will be given to me when the pay finally comes.

I've been thinking about teaching tuition but my brain totally lacks in those skills and knowledge already. I need to revise everything before setting out to teach. Responsibility. I could probably teach piano, but I'm rusty at that as well. And I'm even more insecure about my musical prowess - I have none! And it bothers me that I'm not the kind of person who can spend a nice quiet day at home. Belive me, I've tried it today and it doesn't work. I don't spend a single cent, I get my afternoon nap, but it just feels meaningless! I see the whole day go by without doing anything productive!

I think it's also scary that I have tonnes of good friends who are celebrating their birthdays at the later part of the year. I'll have no good reason not to spend on them! Oh well. I need to do a lot of financial planning this month really. And the crappy part is that I actually plan to start saving by opening a new bank account where money goes in and doesn't come out, unless it's for school fees or something like that.

That'll be like digging for gold in a beggar's money tin.

Oh, and I haven't met my classmates in awhile. Maybe I'll have steamboat with them or something. It's much easier than a BBQ and the food tastes good still. I've had a good experience with Terence, Daneil and Sern Hong. But I'm already having one at the end of the month with Zhenhui and Shuming. Wonder if I'll get bored of having steamboats! Well, that'll be a first.

The coming week is going to be relaxing. And the pay would finally come! Can't wait!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: