Saturday, August 26, 2006

Ultimate Performer



I was super excited when I saw that Lee Hom had released a concert DVD. I think I must've waited about 6 years or more just to get my hands on it. It's a well-known fact that he's a versatile and talented performer. I remember that I used to visit this CD shop that carried his previous concert. That was in Secondary School. I could never bear to part with my money to buy it, and now it's gone and I'm filled with regret. That's why when I saw this on the shelves yesterday, I didn't even bother resisting - I bought it without a second thought.

I watched half of it yesterday upon returning home and I must say that it doesn't disappoint. And I'm seriously considering attending his concert this October. The man is not merely an Energizer Bunny nor a livewire on stage. He encompasses everything a live performer should have and more.



I was completely mesmerised by his opening where he appeared in a long pao. It was awesome. Then there was his rapping and dancing. His sense of rhythm was fab. Of course the things that he did that really impressed me was playing the various instruments. The electric guitar, keyboard, piano, violin and drums, just to name a few. Of course it did help that he singing was top-of-the-world. It made me wonder how current acts who have absolutely no singing talent have the balls to hold a concert when they can't carry a tune! Listening to his songs is like travelling through time - the old classics to the current hits showed his musical evolution and is testament that he hadn't stood still and became complacent. Rather, he has been improving himself constantly and learning new things and encompassing new sounds to his music. The same cannot really be said of my other favourite mumbling male pop star.

His star quality is undeniable. When he's on the stage, the presence is there. He doesn't have moments (unlike many other performers like Jolin *cough*) where his eyes would reveal a blank look. He always looks intense, and very at one with the music he's performing, as if performing is an experience for him as well. I've seen a lot of performances (at least on video!) in my life, and I think it's safe to say that he really is the best that I've come across. And his costumes are bloody good too.

Now where can I get a loan of about 200 bucks that I can give (to SISTIC) in exchange for a once-in-a-lifetime experience?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: