Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ash's Birthday



Yesterday Sequeena and I met up at 2PM to go to Causeway Point to shop for Si Hua's present. Si Hua's birthday was actually 11 days ago, but due to our busy schedules, we hadn't had a chance to celebrate it properly for her yet. Anyway, we wanted to get a soft toy, and almost settled on a Pooh bear. Luckily we settled for this one, which she said she'd like better than Pooh! As we walked around Popular, inspiration struck and we bought these two tag-thingies to write our well-wishes for her. We made our way to Sun Plaza and sat down at Mos Burger to do the final prep for the gifts while drinking the Milkshake. I tasted it for the first time - fantastic! Probably the only thing that I like from Mos.

We surprised her because she thought we were going to meet in town. I then went to settle the last bits of the photograph-issue at my uncle's shop. The bill came up to a whooping $115 dollars. Luckily I had money in my Nets! They waited quite awhile before we were able to make our way to City Hall.

We went to the newly renovated basement of Raffles Place and it was kind of cool. Sort of went shopping at JASONS but we didn't buy anything as we were all hard up on cash! After that we went to Marina to walk. While the girls were in the toilet, I had to sneak into Coffee Club to buy a small piece of cake. It was only till we walked to Lau Pa Sat, settled down and went to buy drinks that we surprised her with the cake!



She said it was kind of embarrassing that we were singing her a birthday song and everything in public! I was still thankful that the cake was in one piece after being tossed and hidden in the bag! The atmosphere at that place was fantastic really. Bustling with energy and activity, with the smell of good food in the air, it's definitely a unique place to celebrate a birthday!



We got this aunty to take a photo, but she was so stunned that she handed the camera to her husband, who was queing at the famous Teh Tarik stall! He ended up taking the photo from quite a distance! But it turned out rather good, as he managed to capture the hawker centre as the background.



We went a bit overboard with the food, but we were so hungry, we just couldn't resist getting our hands on everything that was available! I think it's because of all the walking that we did! We sat there for a very long time, 2 hours or so, even after all the food was finished. We had endless things to talk about. I guess the chemistry comes from knowing each other while we were growing up. The Secondary school period really brought us a lot of pleasant memories. We were laughing spastically at the table as we recounted hilarious tales.

Sembawang Sec was pretty out of control. I was in a different class from them, but we became close, mainly because of a science project. I laughed loudly as I remembered the time when Si Hua (with Sequeena) would walk past my class and shout loudly in chinese, "Ying Heng, hurry up, we'll be waiting for you at the canteen!", when I was sitting quietly and having my lesson. The teacher'd stare at me and I'd just shrug. Ah... there were a lot of stories. They probably deserve an entry of their own.



I know a construction site's a weird place to watch the fireworks, but it was the only place that we could get to in time! If there weren't those half-built buildings around, we'd be able to get a full view of the fireworks in their complete glory! However I must say it's kind of interesting to have the fireworks light up the sky just above the buildings. Looks special.



It was hell crowded so we hid at this place for awhile, and took plenty of photos. As usual. Am I a bad influence on people? Anyway, my eyes are damn small because of the contact lenses. Argh! There was this woman who sort of volunteered to help us take a photo. In exchange for that we'd lend her a phone to make a phonecall. I exclaimed in a joking and slightly sarcastic manner that it was a good deal! Okay, I'm not that evil, she was nice.

After that we sat somewhere near Raffles MRT and had a long chat. It's amazing what we can talk about after knowing each other for so long. They are the oldest friends that I'm still in contact with, and they grew up with me, moulded my identity, and sort of made me who I am today. Through our awkward days till now... With age, we didn't grow apart, but our chemistry became more amazing. Yep. Next month's Sequeena's birthday...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: