Friday, August 04, 2006

16km

I've never been fantastic with running, but I think I put in effort to get it done. So I was kind of disappointed that I ran like fuck today. I'm unable to continue without walking once I take a break of any kind. Maybe it's an excuse but I just had to go to the toilet in the middle of the run, and after that it all fell apart. I tried, but it wasn't good enough. On the not-so-bright-side I lost to my nemesis. For the first time. But I don't think it'll happen again. Okay, even if it does well, WTF, it probably comes from having 3 days of ample rest outside of camp, which I lack.

I'm beginning to sound really bitchy.

Anyway, Ivan, Guofei and I were supposed to take PS's car to Woodlands. We spent awhile searching for him before calling Samuel to get PS's number. I pretended to be Guofei and called PS, only to be told that he was in the hospital! Demoralised, the three of us walked out of the place. They called Samuel, who was with YC, they waited for us as we took our time to crawl to where they were. The run was exhausting, even though I was bloody slow, but to be on your feet for 1hour and 53minutes is tiring business. Oh, and I just revealed my terrible timing.

YC, GF and Ivan managed to get a cab first, leaving me and Samuel to get another one ourselves. Samuel wasn't wearing any seeing aids and he took the easier side of the road while I was trying to flag for a cab on the expressway. And by luck, I managed to get one!

We made our way to Maxwell Foodcentre (or whatever its called)! It's famous and I've heard about it probably a billion times in my life, but I've never been there before! I was quite impressed by what it had to offer. Oh, and we saw David Gan and Rachel Lee there. GF got kuay chap, I had fish soup with rice, Ivan too, except that his was fried, but it was from a different stall. The stall had a shockingly long queue forming while we were about to leave! YC had Murtabak (I bet the spelling's screwed up) while Samuel had porridge. I tasted almost everything, and it was really really good. The place certainly lived up to its name. However I don't think its the most accessible place in SG! Oh, and the Bandung was orgasmic too.

I opened my big mouth (when usually I'[d be hiding behind someone instead) to ask for directions for Tanjong Pagar MRT. The short walk turned out to be quite a pain. In the end, only YC and I changed clothes while waiting for the train. All of us were bloody tired. When we were on the bus heading to Woodlands, GF didn't wake us up to say bye even!

I really enjoyed the food and the company. But the hunger that comes from running such a distance isn't easily satiable. I'm going for a steamboat next!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: