Thursday, August 17, 2006

Tasting Freedom

Alright, it was kind of hard for me to remain in camp. I'm not good at being stuck there for 5 days! So I took half day off today! It's such a relief to be able to get out and see the world. I've had it being in there. I didn't go for nights out on Tuesday so I've officially been in there for about 77 hours or so. It's enough to drive me nuts.

I hate it that I have no time to blog and I have absolutely no time to look at everyone's blogs and comment. I hope to be free enough this weekend to do something about it all! I haven't got much going on except for the New Balance Real Run which happens this Sunday at Sentosa and a game (or two) of badminton on Monday. Saturday will be chilling at home and I'll probably be online the whole time.

I've just got to get this off my chest. I'm happy to be with those who did CFT yesterday. It's basically an insane thing where we route march 4km in the chem suit and run 2 km in mask. As sick as it sounds, I do enjoy running in the mask. It's cool. The route march is a totally different story . Anyway, what I mean to say is for those who didn't try to chao keng, and avoid it, I felt some sense of camaraderie with them. The feeling of going through some real shit together and making it out alive and in one piece is something I find hard to describe. There's a kind of bond, even when you end up shaking your heads at each other at the end of it all, and complaining till the cows come home. There's a sense of common accomplishment, and that at the end of the day whatever shit that gets thrown at us, we'll fact it together.

I thank every one of them for being with me as we woke up early and faced the disgustingly long wait and queue to draw arms. To do the warm-up in MOPP 2. To walk all the way to the starting point. To make it through the STF. To come back red in the face. Breatheless. To put on that grey vest and brace ourselves for the run. And to return, mission completed, and tearing the mask off our faces.

And it means a lot to me. To believe that what I did was right.

Because I can report sick for footrot too. *sarcastic sneer*
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: