Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Chinese New Year - Chu Er

Kicked off the programme for the day by going to my Aunt's house. Spent the afternoon sleeping actually (and I couldn't fall asleep at night because of that!), and was a bit groggy when I woke up. Anyway, played Starcraft for the first time in more than a year! It was insane... my heart was racing and everything. I realised that I do actually like to play games - when the right one comes along that is! I stayed till about 6 before heading over to Yishun. To my surprise, I was the last (along with WL, my fault) to reach Ming Boon's house!


Look at the smoke in this photo! That's Ming Boon, me and David! By the time Wee Lee and I found our way to her house, everyone had pretty much finished eating already! Luckily got David and Ming Boon and Jun Qi to accompany me in my 1 hour dinner. The steamboat tasted really good. I think I ate a bit too much rice, but the beef, prawn, vegetables and stuff were delicious. The rest of them played mahjong and blackjack - with golden-coined-chocolates!


Me and David at our crazy best. Again.


We took a class photo quite early because our da xiao jie Angeline had to leave. The class photo this time round is rather good in terms of attendance and the standing positions and arrangements! This one will surely make it to our classic archives. Anyway, as I said, they were playing mahjong before that, so no surprise that the green fa cai was in their hands!


After that David, Jun Qi and I went to Ming Boon's room. There were four huge posters of Jay Chou and I quite liked the feel of her room. Very cosy. I can't believe that it's the first time I've been to her house when I've already known her for two years! Haha! She showed me a bit of something that she had been working on and we all agreed that it was pretty good. Also, we had a lesson of photoshop. It was bloody cool how she could make a fantastic blend in a short time. We spent an hour or so discussing graphics and learning a few tricks of Photoshop here and there!

Ming Boon's mom came in and gave us ang bao also! She was a very friendly lady who was very warm and welcoming towards us, and I really appreciated it.

I wanted to have more time to pour over Ming Boon's collection of Jay stuff but time passed rather quickly and before long, she felt that it was time to entertain her GUESTS. By that time though, the rest of them were going to leave already!


This is one fantastic photos of the guys (sans Mr Tan) and it's been a long time since we've taken one! We had a good warm up taking three photos like prisoners against a white back drop...


... which I've decided to blend over here using some of the skills I learnt yesterday. I must admit that I didn't take too long to do this and it doesn't look like what it should've. However, I consider it a successful completion of getting the three photos together anyway! It really looked as if we were prisoners. Arhm. The girls had their version of it too.


This was the group of us that stayed on till about 1130PM to play tai ti. It was the first time in my life I gambled tai ti and I quite enjoyed it! Oops. Okay, it's probably since I won the first 3 rounds happily. We played 5 people, 4 people and 3 people tai ti even. Kind of desperate for some entertainment! Took a bloody cool photo with Jie Yu with the MTV label too. Arhm, must try to get it from him ASAP.


It was a very fruitful and successful gathering. Looking at everybody and feeling the atmosphere, I really thought that every single person enjoyed themselves a lot. Be it during photo-taking or playing games, everyone seemed very happy. We'll all be meeting again next Friday, but for a somewhat sad occassion. We'll be sending Angeline off to Brisbane, which is like, damn far away! Haha, but it's going to be real exciting to go to the airport again. For Swensons! Haha! Can't wait!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: