Friday, January 13, 2006

Jeep Course

I think I had a 3 day week.

But it felt like forever. As I've said before, if I get a freaking 5 day week again, I might just faint.

Okay, so I'm not that weak. We didn't do much this week, nothing that I can remember anyway. It was another wet week and it felt horrible. Everyone was sick of the wet weather already, although it was good to sleep! Highlights of the week include yesterday's smoke trainer. It was the best one yet, but I ended up making one silly mistake at the beginning and that sort of caused me to fumble during the rest of the exercise. It was supposedly a unique experience, but I think all of us are getting used to it and it isn't that bad already. I still can't remember what we did on Wednesday though, except the fact that we had nights off and I stayed in camp and had canteen. Oh yeah, we went to the auntie to get our hair cut and mine's bloody short now.

Oh and Bryan came back from Thailand with a lot of stories to tell. Sounds like he had a FULL experience of Bangkok! YC also came back from M'sia.

One of the things that surprised me this week was the fact that I had to go for jeep course next week, for 5 weeks. The rest of the guys were already chosen 2 months ago I think. I'm still a bit hesitant (but I don't have a choice) because I'm not even confident driving a PET! Still, it'd be a good experience and I'll be free from guard duty (which IMO is the best thing about it), and also that I'll get a chance to be driving on the roads. *waves hi to driving licensce* There's been mixed messages that I'd be able to stay out/in. If I do, that'll be a hell lot spent on transport this month. Broke-ness. And I'll miss my bunk, my cupboard, my BED and my platoonmates. BOO.

Today we had a 4km mask run and I ran almost all out. It has really been a long time since we all ran and I ended up feeling exhausted for the rest of the day. It was crazy. I guess being deprived of air just leaves the body in a bit of a oxygen debt, and thus exhaustion. And we had to do some major area cleaning after that. And then hunger hit me. I just became seh.

Anyway Jeffrey, the person I was thinking of in a leather suit while running:


I can hear you say, "WTF?" but that's what goes on in my head when I run so... :P (I did this pic cos there wasn't a single photo I could use to depict what was going through my head, I just had to show her in action!) Yeah, and had a fab time talking with him (and Yun Shen and Sern Hong) last night. About stuff.

Tomorrow we're going to have a platoon outing, because our PS is leaving. He's a great guy (other than for the fact that he asked why I didn't have a photo on the mirror of my cupboard, and then commented that he knew I had a girlfriend so I'd better put a photo up. I struggled to stop my retort that I'm SINGLE.) and so tomorrow's gathering is for him. I think Jeffrey really did a lot to make the outing work out because it was actually cancelled when some of the specs couldn't make it.

I'll be looking forward to having a havoc of a weekend before starting on my first 5.5 day week next week! With any luck, driving might be easy!

No comments: