Monday, January 23, 2006

Crap Beginning

I got screwed for the my first 100 minutes of driving today. I just couldn't get it. I don't know why. I don't think I'm slow to catch on things, just that I was being guided through the steps without knowing what they were for. So I've decided to do some reading and all that before tomorrow's 100 minutes. I was rather demoralised about the whole thing but being the cool Libran (the Scales) that I am, I got pulled back to my normal self as quickly as I could. Optimism. I'll do better tomorrow. I can't possibly be worse with 100 minutes of driving already secured under my safety belt!

It was really a cramming session today. We had non-stop lessons on various stuff, from parking to driving to HSP and also getting to drive in a simulator. I got the opportunity to drive off the road, up the curb and to a place where the simulator could not simulate. It was mentally exhausting to do it, and it even caused some people to feel nauseous. HELL, if I were to stay in there longer, I would too.

It's just another stressful and tiring day learning driving. Despite feeling exahusted, I went for a short exercise and true enough, it took away all my lethargy. At least I'm much clearer in the head now. There's so much I want to do now during my non-training time, and I'm really looking forward to CNY, for a well deserved break.

One day of lessons drained away my weekend of well-rested-ness.

I know it's rather cliche but I can't help but say, "Tough times don't last, tough men do."

No comments: