Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Okay, I know I've not been updating proper entries for quite some time, but I would like to be excused because I've been busy! Oh man, it's cool to suddenly meet up with all my friends again during the course of this week. I met Sequeena and Si Hua on Boxing Day for a gift exchange session and also met Sequeena's boyfriend Jimmy. Si Hua brought her boyfriend along as well and we all had dinner at Suntec's Fish & Co. together. More on that next time, if I have the time.

Yesterday I went out with Vanessa and we had a long talk. Haven't seen each other in quite a while. We had a meal at a rather posh Thai restaurant at Suntec. We were quite impressed by this guy who seemed like a real Thai. From the way he talks to the way he serves his food, and also by the way he looks, it seems to suggest that he wasn't Singaporean. Which is kind of cool. A genuine experience. It always struck me as funny when we go eat Thai food together because it was in Thailand where we first got to know each other.

After that I went to Jie Yu's house with TWJ. I was quite glad I went. Bailey's was freaking good, and I got pretty high yesterday. I was on the verge of becoming fully drunk (ie puking and talking rubbish), but all I got to was a stage where I'd talk a tad loudly and with a lot more... emotion than usual. It was really worth the trip to meet up with Jie Yu and Wei Jie. I haven't talked to TWJ in a hell of a long time. Even the last time we met, we didn't have the opportunity to sit down and talk about stuff that really mattered. And of course, stuff that really didn't matter. The feeling of talking to such an old friend (3 years is a long time), someone who understands you inside out, the sense of familiarity is priceless. And Jie Yu was a pretty good host and my stomach wasn't empty all thanks to him! His cooking, his concern... everything. Priceless.

Today I had a lot of fun meeting with the Rigel people. I'll write more about that on the next entry when I've gotten the photographs. They do help in getting me to sit down and talk about the day in detail. In short, we went to Marina Promenade, pulled out ground sheets and had a picnic. It was also kind of memorable, although it was short. The most important thing was that it felt like we still had the Rigel feeling. Although maybe at the bloody beginning we took sometime to warm up but when I'm with them, I feel honoured. Honoured to belong to a group of people who were driven, knew what they wanted in life, hardworking, had initiative and were really... special. In many ways. Just being around them makes me feel different. Elaborate on that tomorrow (or later today, seeing that it's already in the AM).

I've got a lot to write about the new year, including my hopes, dreams, ambitions and goals and also a big shoutout to the people who made a difference in my life this year. It's been a rough one, and there's a lot of prioritising and all, but in the end it's making the time together meaningful that counts.

*waits impatiently for all the photos to be transferred*

No comments: