Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Rain

Rain, rain, go away. Come again another f-ing day.

Brrr. It's been cold these few days. So cold that my siblings and I actually brought out the blanket to the sofa so that we could stay warm and enjoy television programmes at the same time. There's been so much rain that I don't feel the least like venturing outdoors. Freezing and wet are the two states that I'm not enthusiastic about being in. In fact, it even robbed me of the urge to play DDR. Although that might've been due to guard duty and just being plain tired.

There's nothing much going on with me these couple of days. It's kind of quiet. And I don't really like it. Anyway, today Mak and I went to Causeway Point to have Yoshinoya for lunch followed by some time at the arcade and then a bit of shopping. It is kind of a challenge to walk around the shopping center and not actually spend any money but some stuff did catch my eye.

I think I need to be out a bit more. Not out as in out-of-the-house but out as in outdoors. And the rain is being pretty unfriendly about it! So it's the feeling of being trapped - almost like in camp again! Except luckily for me, there's the computer. But it does get boring once in awhile too.

Been spending money on entertainment and such. I saw a 30% discount going on at CD-Rama and bought Timberlake's Justified and Mariah's Greatest Hits. It would've robbed me of a good $44 but I got it for #30! Justified does take some getting use to, but it's a very groovy disc. I dropped it by accident just now though, and the cover split into two. Damn. As for Mariah's GH, it's heavenly to hear the classics like I Still Believe, When You Believe, Thank God I Found You and One Sweet Day. She really is a notch above the rest. I mean, when Don't Forget About Us secured her 17th #1 on Billboard, it makes me want to go listen to the other #1s as well, to relive how she got this far. And I rented Innocent Steps, which wasn't that fantastic on second watch, and also the Edison and Nicholas Tse movie, Shi Xiong 2004 that I had glimpse of in Brunei. Unimpressive.

And the fact that I haven't written about any song for a long time shows the blatant bore that is the current music industry. Okay, the new Sugababes one is pretty good, so I'll just talk a bit about Ugly. Arhm.

Cos people are all the same
We only get judged by what we do
Personality reflects name
And if I'm ugly then so are you


Very meaningful lyrics that catch my attention everytime I hear it. I gives me a fleeting moment to reflect on my actions and passing judgements on other people. That simple.

Other stuff that I'm up to includes printing out my blog. I can hear people yelling, "Are you crazy?". Well, if it was a wish to write good stuff, then it's a dream to have my stuff published (in the case, by myself). It's nevertheless a meaningful experience. I've got to fork out my own bloody money ($80) for the printer ink! And I've just used about 80 sheets of paper. Oops.

I've just realised I can print on both sides.

Save the trees peeps.

No comments: