Monday, January 02, 2006

Rigel Gathering



Yesterday the 10 of us met at City Hall MRT station. Initially only Vanessa and Yu Ting was on time, while I was 5 minutes late. The rest started coming one by one, Chon Hoong, Boey, Suqi, Bing Xiang and Eileen. In the midst of that, the guys went to buy drinks and biscuits at Raffles City. It was great being with them again. As I siad, we did take some time to warm up because it's been so long since I've seen them, but I still felt that the friendship was still there. After going through something as extraordinary as the Thailand OCIP, time is not a factor. When I talked to them about what they were doing in NS, I felt that they were still the same people I knew. They did the best in everything that was thrown to them, and I guess that's when I sort of felt regretful that in a way NS turned out to be like this for me. Arhm.

Moving on, we walked all the way to the Esplanade where we met Susanne and Anthony. We then walked along the river to find a suitable place to settle down and eat. I brought two groundsheets (wish I could've found a proper mat because it looked so army), and we laid it down and took out all the food. Everyone was very generous with the food. Boey bought apple struddel, Suqi bought curry puffs, Eileen made jelly, Yu Ting's mom made mee goreng. The rest of us contributed to the drinks and snacks.

We had a great time eating everything; it all tasted so good! It was very simple, yet very satisfying. At the beginning we were eating till we couldn't talk, because there was just so much food. After that, slowly but surely, everything started to disappear in front of our eyes! Haha! Everyone who walked past us was looking hungrily at our food even!



After that we played with poker cards. For some reason I wasn't exactly even with them. In fact I think I was almost the biggest loser! Oops. (Same thing happened to me when I was playing-cum-learning mahjong for the first freaking time with my mom, aunt and grandmother with the help of another aunt. Must be the luck.) It was fun reliving our nasty old habbits that we cultivated in Ban Jalae!

We took a few more photos before leaving for our respective destinations. The girls wanted to go shopping, Boey and CH left first, Susanne went to her grandma's place. Anthony, Bing Xiang and I took the train together back to the north area. During the trip we had a real long talk about a lot of stuff. I was even surprised at how much I opened up. We could still think along the same lines, despite the time apart and it was really cool. Can't find any way to describe it. Yeah. We talked about going to Genting this year end as Rigel. Just spending some time to hang out together and all. I think it's quite a cool idea because I've wanted to overseas for a very long time and they are great company so, why not? I think for now, we'll just put the idea out there and see who's interested.

Also, our next gathering will be at Mr Cheng's house on Chu Liu! It'll be bloody cool and we'll be staying over. Mr Cheng has given his permission! See you guys in a month!

No comments: