Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Just Can't Live Without



Well, here's another wordy entry! I've already had a narcissitic, photo-filled entry before this one, so here's one with a lot of writing.

Okay, I'm possibly writing just because I don't want to finish watchin the whole of The OC. I think I finished off 6 episodes today, and that's a whole lot. Watching it gives me a sense of escapism, but at the same time, makes me reflect on what's going on with my own life. The lead characters face very real issues, despite having just a little bit more drama than normal people. I mean, I don't think I could go to Chicago for the weekend or something with the snap of my fingers. I have money and time constraints. Which the kids at The OC obviously don't.

With so many themes running throughout the series, it's hard to pintpoint a favourite moment, or a favourite episode, because it seems like every single one reaches out to me, and is trying to tell me something. There's the morale of every story. Like Julie Cooper, who got haunted by something she did in the past. Regrets. Money-issues. Etc. I'm not going to spoil it for people who haven't watched it yet (but I think mostly everyone has got through Season 2 already!), but the whole thing is just fantastic. Scandalous. Turmoil.

And apart from that there's also the packaging. There are lots of beautiful people in the show. Countless actually. Being easy on the eyes does help when you're going to be staring at those same people for a couple of hours. Yep. Oh, and I'm already at Episode 18. In a season where everyone was experimenting new things and trying to find a better way for everything, this is when Summer and Seth finally get their act together (poor Zack!) and Marissa and Ryan and trying to take things slow again. Earlier in the season there was also this scandalous thing with Ryan and his "aunt". Very complicated stuff.

Essentially, the show's what makes my life meaningful when I'm not out and about. I think I should stay off it a bit; I think I'm rushing the season a bit too much. Also, it just makes me want to buy the DVD. It's at a rather reasonable price now, but I just don't have the cash.

Saving up for the Thailand trip is just hard.

I went out with Mak this morning. We were supposed to go for a swim but as it turns out, the pool as closed. We had Mcdonalds' breakfast before shopping around at Causeway Point. There wasn't much to see really. I think we're going to have a trip to Kent Ridge next Sunday. Hope that'll be fun.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: