Monday, May 01, 2006

Singapore Arts Festival

Alright, my butt is aching now and the only reason I can think of is that I played badminton yesterday. Anyway. The Singapore Arts Festival takes place this June and I've singled out three shows to watch. One dance, one music and one theatre. The problem is, I don't know who'd be interested to watch them with me!


First up, I'd like to watch Quest, a collaboration between Singapore Dance Theatre & Singapore Chinese Orchestra. I'm thinking of going on the 3rd of June, Saturday. It's held at the Esplanade Theatre and I'm taking the $35 seat! I'm really looking forward to hearing SCO in action, and the bonus of watching the dance also has a huge appeal to me. Details here.

Next is Play On Earth, which is a really exciting production as it is projected simultaneously from Singapore, Brazil and the UK. It's kind of complicated to explain, but you can find out more here. I'm planning to go on 16 June, Friday, 9PM. It's held at Mohamed Sultan Road, and tickets are going for $35.


Last of all, it's got to be music. Camerata Salzburg from Austria will be performing at the Esplanade Concert Hall. It's a chamber orchestra, so don't expect a hundred or so people to be performing! They're playing on two dates, each with a different set. I'll be going for the one on 24th June, Saturday. Don't think I'll be able to make it for the one on Friday because my book out timing is erratic. I suppose I'd be getting the $40 ticket. The venus is Esplanade Concert Hall. Find out more here.

Anyone interested just contact me ASAP! I really really want to go to these performances!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: