Sunday, May 21, 2006

Over the Hedge

I just can't seem to get started on this blog entry. I've been staring at the freaking screen meaning to update about yesterday for about 2 hours already. I think I'm too overwhelmed by sleepiness. Maybe not. I've taken a nap already. Just that my brain isn't functioning too normally despite the nap!

Met Jnr yesterday at 1030AM and I was there on the dot! It's amazing how I haven't been late yet despite all odds! Haha! We went to buy tickets for Over The Hedge which was housed in a freaking small cinema. I think the last time I went into that was to watch Volcano High, which is a bloody good movie.

We sang KBox but I was kind of intimidated at the start because Jnr was bloody good. And he singing those very serious, technic-ish kind of songs. I sang okay at my usual bimbotic/uptempo kind of songs. With Everytime, I was doing more humming than singing. I don't know what's wrong with me yesterday, but I was more on key than previously! Haha... Played around a lot with the # and b! Also sang a lot of great SYZ songs. I've been influenced! Oh, and I've so totally given up on singing Kiss Goodybe. No more! Jnr sounded great all the time, as expected!

After that we went to watch Over The Hedge. And from what I've heard, I think we made the right decision, choosing it over The Da Vinci Code. First of all, there's a bit too much hype for me to watch it. Secondly, I haven't even read the book yet and was told that I wouldn't understand it. Last of all, it one hell of a long movie, and that it was draggy. Faced with such facts, it was decided that watching Over The Hedge was the movie to watch as it'd most certainly be entertaining.



And Dreamworks never fails to deliver! It was a hilarious movie. Every stunt in the book and outside of it was used. I was very impressed with the creativity and the dialogue. Amazing stuff. Also, although the interaction of the creatures and their characters mirror other animated movies (Jnr thinks Finding Nemo), this movie offers a fresh perspective with its wittiness and honesty. There were really moments where I just had to laugh out loud.

After that we went to have a meal at some Jap place. The food was bloody good. In fact I think I want to go back there again. It's at B1 of Cine.

Then we had a mass shopping session, hitting every shop in town. From high end to the classless, we saw them all. Went to The Heeran (for the first time I didn't enter HMV) and then to Taka and Wisma. Last of all we went to Far East, and it was insane! Didn't see anything particularly special that I wanted to buy. It did give me some ideas for what to get in Thailand though.

The Levi's tops are bloody good.

We had banana split at Gelare, bloody good stuff! I'm not too impressed with the expensiveness, but it was good. We went home after that because I was going to Jalan Kayu for supper.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: