Sunday, May 07, 2006

Zoo Zoo Zoo

It seems that I'm in a freaking rush to update my blog these few weeks because... well, I have duty! I just booked out at 8AM this beautiful Saturday morning, and am booking back in at 8AM. That's like in less than 5 hours or so! I'm going to type this entry till about 3AM. I'm going to be left with 4 mere hours of sleep. I hope I can wake up. Or else I'll be in deep shite. And I'm already in deep shite with me denting a GP car, but that's another story for another time.

Alright, on to today!

Met my classmates in the afternoon for lunch at KFC.



As usual, Ming Boon was very late and the last one to arrive. We took this photo because Jun Qi was going to leave and couldn't join us for our trip at the zoo. Boo! Isn't it nice that we've managed to get Col Sanders into the photo as well? I had two piece chicken meal. They somehow managed to make it look very big, but there's hardly any meat in it! It was getting kind of late and we were contemplating if we had enough time to spend in the zoo, but we went for it anyway! As I estimated, the bus 138 took a reasonable 35 minutes or so to reach our destination!



All of us bought the 20 dollar tickets with the tram ride. I guess you could say that blatant laziness was overwhelming! Took plenty of photos along the way as you can see. I managed to finish using my battery even! It was insane. Oh, and our first stop was to the Shaw Amphitheatre to take a look at the Animal Show.



The place was crowded with people and they started off with an item of this bush man using a blowdart to shoot at balloons. He then got this lady to come and try the stunt as well. This segment was certainly new to me! Other than that, there were the classic items like finding snakes in bags, monkeys crawling from the creepers above etc. Oh, one disappointing thing was that the sealion refused to perform for us, and he was supposed to be the finale item as well! Next time then. After that, there was an announcement - donate 5 bucks to the Conversation Fund and get a photo taken with the sealion. Well, after the show, I thought I felt more for Conservation. I've always been very protective of nature. Although I've lost sight of that side of myself these couple of years, I think I need to actively make an effort to protect Mother Earth.

And so I had my very first photo to be taken with a sealion! She kissed me!




And my cheek smelled rather fishy after that! It was a kind of weird feeling. After that Ming Boon and I had a chance to take a photo with the bushman and a snake. However, I'll leave that photo (a genuine classic) for one of the Pic Of The Week segment! Oh, and there'll be none of that this week because I'm just too freaking busy!

After that we went and did plenty of walking, looking around at the various animals in the zoo and at the same time, trying to take as many prize-winning photographs of the animals in their enclosures. Cool stuff.



Isn't my photo of the white tiger just fantastic! I like it a lot. Well, I used up a lot of memory for animal photography. It's no surprise that David and I decided to do some posing for the camera when we were at the White Tiger enclosure. Arh...



I can't help but laugh whenever I look at it!

After that we made our way to the Elephant Show. It was a rather interesting one. The only complain that I have is the fact that we didn't have space to sit because we came a tad late. Took a lot of photographs as well but here's one of the female elephant lifting a log...



...with her powerful jaws! Very impressive stuff I must say. The longest/biggest thing my mouth can carry is a straw. Or an apple.

After that all of us were very exhausted. We went to the Animal World thingy, and when we reached there, the show was over. We were all somewhat disappointed. However, we had a chance to look at rabbits, the ponies and some birds. Didn't take many photos there. All of us were half-dead by then!

And next, we headed down to the Fragile Forest, probably my favourite exhibit ever! The number of animals are amazing. The diversity of the animals are amazing too. There's so much to see and you can actually see a mouse deer dash out right in front of you. I applaud the effort of bringing the rainforest into the zoo. Good stuff. Here're a couple of photos of the stars of FF.



After that, all of us tiredly took a bus back to Ang Mo Kio.

And I reached just in time at 7PM to meet Junior, but he was late! Haha... We went to have Macdonalds and a rather long chat. After that we went to NTUC to do a bit of shopping. Thinking back, I should've followed him and bought some food to bring to bunk. Now's a little too late for regret though! We then entered the cinema to watch Aquamarine. I was feeling kind of bad that we weren't watching M:i:III but I'd already watch it so he said he was fine with any other movie.

It turned out that the movie was decent enough, for which I'm glad. There are some pretty hilarious parts and the pace wasn't boring. Both of us enjoyed the movie. We went to 7-11 to snack on mashed potatoes. Sat around and talked about everything from army, to music, to life. It feels very comfortable talking to him.

Anyway, we took a few photos and I have to admit, they turned out rather badly! Well at least there's one presentable enough (I think!) to face the world!

Enjoyed myself a lot! Hmmm, alright, it certainly is way past my bed time already. Sorry if I'm not able to reply your comments, I'll do them next week! Till then, see ya!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: