Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The OC

It's nice to pick up what I left off two years ago, where everything was left hanging. 2 years is a long time but what happened remained fresh in my mind. I've finally got the chance to continue watching The OC from Season Two.

I've only just watched the first episode and I'm on an emotional rollercoaster. The things that happen, how they reflect my life, and how the drama all seems so real... it gets to me. I can relate to everything that happens. It's insane.

The feeling of loss when Marissa went back to the poolhouse.

The way Summer went back to dump stuff that reminded of Seth back to his room.

The desperation Kirsten felt when she wanted so badly for Seth to come home.

The relief of finally finding freedom once Ryan knew that Theresa didn't have his baby any more (a lie!) and that he could go back to his old life.

The awkwardness of two old best friends meeting again after not seeing each other for a long, long time.

The pain and frustration Marissa felt when she screamed how she felt, dumping the lawn chairs into the pool in the process.

The grand finale of Ryan and Seth returning home, with their brotherhood and family intact.

Equal parts heart-wrenching, as it is heart-warming to watch.

The feeling of getting reacquainted with my old friends again. Ryan. Seth. Marissa. Summer. I've missed you so.

I'm not going to sleep tonight.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: