Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Karaoke Double

Alright, so I still woke up with my voice intact the next day. On to the details. And a couple of photos.

David and I were the only one who arrived punctually. Okay, actually it was just David. I arrived 20 minutes later. And they rest didn't even come till an hour or so later! The both of us went to buy some snacks (I had some terrible cupcake thingy) before getting a room at KBox. Warmed up with a couple of songs and realised that my singing sucked big big time. I have no idea why either. I couldn't even stand hearing myself! I ruined a good few songs. So when Ming Boon arrived, I let her and David to do a bit more singing while I er... took photos of myself.



Reeks of... obsession, but what the hell! It was better than my singing! After that Jun Qi came in. Hmm, David sang a lot of Mayday songs. I sang a couple of Sun Yan Zi songs thanks to the influence of my dear Junior. Wasn't too good, but passable. Also did Everytime and Ai De Jiu Shi Ni, which are probably my most accomplished songs. But still somewhat crappy. And of course, after hunting for Wo Yao Kuai Le, we finally found it in the "New Songs" section and I was so freaking excited! I was still saying how sad I was that we couldn't find the song because I practised it endlessly at home already!

Anyway, we were chased out after 3 hours plus of singing. No one informed me that it's the new "standing order". Well, if it's true, they should just bloody change the thing that says 2-5PM. It's misleading. And I felt that I got cheated of my money when I paid 20 bucks for 3 hours when I could easily sang KLunch for the same amount of time, at half the price!

Oh yeah, and I realise that... the songs that I excel in are the terribly bimbotic ones.

We went to the hawker centre nearby and had our dinner. After ordering most of our food, Jie Yu arrived! We were kinda bored while waiting for the food to be served so... arhm...



That's JY at the bottom right corner. He came after the whole cam-whoring session. The food was bloody good. And we had two drinks each. Let's see. We had stingray, Furong egg, some vegetable and er.. black bean fish head. I don't recall what it's called exactly.

I realise that the trend on blogs nowadays is to show how delicious-looking the food is. Well, I'll show you how good it tasted by giving you a look at what was left after we were finished with it.



Okay, so that's just a convenient excuse.

Other than that, there was also David who was his usual... er... life-of-the-party-self:



We spent about half an hour wondering where to go. We were supposed to go to Orchard, but it was getting late. We were thinking of going to Serangoon Gardens to eat, but it'd be a really long ride home. In the end we decided to continue walking around. And it was kind of scary because we kept breaking out in song randomly as we were walking, especially Wo Yao Kuai Le. (Which reminds me of a chalet where I had in Sec 3 with my Sec 2 class, where the song that we kept screeching to was... I'm A Slave 4 U!)

By a weird stroke of luck, we walked past the building which housed the KBox and there was a guy giving out vouchers. He passed one to David, and one to me, but I just walked past him. *regrets* David took a look at it and saw the words "5 hours free". And we looked closer at it, only to realise that it was from Kster! Feeling kind of excited, and really deprived after we didn't get to sing enough at Kbox, we went to Kster to check it out.

The guy there came to our rescue and calculated that we only had to pay for the drinks, and so each of us would have to cough out about 10 dollars inclusive of service charge and all for 5 hours of singing! Like I said, we felt really short changed this afternoon, so we went in straightaway without a second thought!

Let's see... I sort of continued my bimbotic song singing spree. Songlist includes Zheng Yi Zi Yan Bi Yi Zi Yan, Toxic, Milkshake, Kiss Kiss, Pan Duo La etc. Oh, and I got introduced to two new ones - Jie Mao Wan Wan and that Rainie song. I tried very hard to redeem myself by trying out some serious songs like Tong Lei (my current SYZ fav) and Gong Zhuan Zi Zhuan, and did decently well. I mean, after 3 hours of warm up at K Box, it felt like there's nothing that's impossible.

I even tried We Belong Together! The 5 hours really flew past. The song selection menu was pretty good. As you all know, the only complain that I have was that they didn't have Wo Yao Kuai Le! I haven't heard the rest of her songs yet, so there! We were trying hard to end off on a high note, and the highest we ever got was during Lian Ai-ING. In a moment of pure desperation, I've realised the true importance of bimbotic songs - it's music that really brings the people together.

Our grand finale was Cyndi Wang's Ai Ni. Brought the house down.



We were delighted at how much of a... defining? day it had been and so took a photo outside Kster, feeling very very satisfied.

And so I took a cab home, totally exhausted after 8 hours of singing. It came up to 20 freaking dollars. Steep. Oh yeah, one last thing.

This is the expression you get when you realised that you've pressed the Chong Chang/REPEAT button by accident:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: