Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tough to Get Off

I had to ask my Platoon Sgt thrice yesterday to give me off before he finally remembered/relented. I was supposed to be on duty yesterday, but someone took over it. I could've been doing IPPT today, but my name's not in it and thus I'll have to take it on the 23rd. All this pointed to one thing - that I'm destined to take off today. However, it was only after a lot of asking that I finally got it.

I've realised that there's no... integrity or dignity when doing such stuff. If you've to resort to stealing, snatching, sucking up, bending the rules etc just to get out of camp, well, you've got to do it. (I'm not saying that everyone's doing it, but most certainly there're people who are not beneath doing such things.) Heck, it makes more sense than staying in bunk and then getting arrowed to count whether there're 790 sandbags in the store. And I realised that I haven't been doing enough of it. Hell, in fact it's quite the opposite. When there were too many people taking off on that day, and someone's name had to be cancelled, to avoid conflict and disappointment of everyone else, I withdrew. Which is kind of retarded. That I've come to realise.

I think I'm going to suffer in the real world if I don't brush up on being... well... streetwise? Blah. It's tough being a good guy.

This week has been a very draggy week. There's a lot of shitty things to be done, that I'd rather slack and be doing nothing. But if you complain you're bored, they'll give you stuff to do. Like counting sandbags. But then again, that's hardly a cure against boredom. I mean, at least staying in bunk and daydreaming about sex is less mundane than counting sandbags.

I'm joking. I've been reading Harry Potter and listening to CDs.

On the bright side, I have a super long weekend and I plan to spend today doing something fruitful. It's kind of hard because I'm too bloody lazy to get out of the house, but the sun's shining brightly so I just may go for a swim. I've got to withdraw money to give to my parents and also get my hair cut. I'm rather afraid for my POSB card - I've got a feeling it's going to be put through a lot of use this weekend. Saving for the Thailand trip is always at the back of my mind though, and it's only a mere couple of months away! Can't wait.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: