Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sleepover for Movie Marathon



I'll try my freaking best to update this on 4 hours of sleep. It has been a rather crazy day yesterday and I enjoyed myself a whole lot too. Zhenhui just messaged me that I left my yoghurt in his fridge! Damn. I have a very bad craving for it now. Absolutely terrible.

Yesterday we met at 1030AM and went for KBox at Hougang. The best thing was the fact that we all got a mic each. That's so fantastic because David told me that some places offered additional mics, but so far I've never been to one that gave us more than 2, even when we asked. However, this time round we were ushered into a room with 3 mics straightaway.

My singing was a tad worse than usual, other than the usual bimbotic songs, which I once again, outperformed myself! Haha! Also, I got reminded of a song I loved a lot back in the days. It started with the very Ah Lian songs by the likes of Sammi and then Shuming exclaimed that Leon Lai had a song like that. And it was none other than Hu Xi Bu Shuo Huang, which I havent' touched in years! To my surprise this time round I managed to reach the notes, although I was left severely out of breath and at times straining my voice already. But it was real fun to sing. Hu Xi Bu Shuo Huang! Powerful stuff!



We extended it for another hour. Ended up singing all those songs which are easy and entertaining, with one of the culprits being Jie Mao Wan Wan. I cannot believe that Cao Ge actually wrote that song! Oh yeah, did plenty of SYZ and Angela's songs as well. Boo to Kiss Goodbye for being so range-challenging. I can only sing 4 lines of the song decently!

After that we went to Shuming's house to get her stuff for staying over. We looked through a couple of the photos of our old class outing (AJC-x-1103) at Sentosa, and were amazed to see how different we looked back then! All I can say is that there was definitely some improvement! After that we went to rent 3 DVDs - Mean Girls, Walk The Line, and something starring Matt Damon as a cojoined twin. It did look interesting. The cover I mean. We bought KFC back to Zhenhui's house to eat, and it tasted damn good. Probably my favourite fast food restaurant ever.

We kicked start with Mean Girls. I've watched it before, and I think I'm really obsessed with Lindsay Lohan. She looked absolutely fabulous. Fantastic. Oooh... I don't understand what's the attraction, but she sure has got the WOW factor for me. It was as hilarious and hear-warming as the first time I watch it, but I don't think I'll be able to watch it a third time.

Okay, for the sake of Lohan, maybe.

Walk The Line has gotten rave reviews, but still I was rather sceptical! However, it turned out to be another great movie. I loved the music, the acting, the drama... There was plenty of tension, a bit of violence, sex, drugs, everything! And for the first time I actually have respect for Reese Witherspoon. I hated her in Legally Blonde. That was terrible stuff. But this is absolute class. I could see every expression come alive in her face. And Joaquin Phoenix is fab, as always. He's a real actor, that man! A thick plot and a good script serves this movie well. It would've been even more fantastic at the cinema though! Although Zhenhui's widescreen TV and surround sound closes the gap on cinematic experiences!

After that we had a break. Shuming wanted to watch TV while Zhenhui and I went shopping at Cold Storage. It's really shocking how close the MRT station and Compass Point are to his house. They're literally at his freaking doorstep! That's when we got green tea, yoghurt and potato chips. All of them untouched even when we left this morning, except one 1.5l of green tea! We took a 3-4 hour break till our next movie.

We spent the time making cup noodles and updating each other on our lives. All the cool stuff. These guys can really make me open up to them. And of course there was a huge dose of cam-whoring. It's unfair how people who have better cameras than me don't use them that often, while I put mine to high usage every single weekend despite being a tad inferior. Hmph.



That's me with my Mean Girl Lindsay Lohan at the top left and the rest of our narcisstic photos! Gasp... we are good with the camera!



A major hour or so was spent waiting for Shuming to update her blog, which she hasn't done for 12 days or so. Terrible stuff. The woman's been suffering froma bit of writer's block, bad internet connections and well, perfectionism! Haha... It's kind of weird watching her type. For every 4 lines she types, she'd backspace 2 lines! After that we took photos with the mere turtle that was hanging innocently off the hook. Zhenhui got it from some gift exchange session with his class last year.



The photo of me in the mirror is really out of point and random, BUT I just wanted to show the world how gorgeous the mirror looks. I want it! Uniquely oval! Poor turtle though!



And here's all of us with the turtle.

Okay, after all the rubbishy things that we did, we watched the Matt Damon movie. Zhenhui fell asleep right at the beginning. I slept for 15 minutes somewhere in between. It was a snooze-fest. Okay, so the idea was pretty unique, showcasing the lives of the cojoined twins. There were some comedic moments as well. However, none of them managed to save the movie. Utterly weak. I was about to go to sleep after that. However, they wanted to stay up a bit more. Put in the SYZ MV DVD and I fell asleep after about ten songs! They watched all the way till Ben and then they couldn't take it any more, and we arranged for nice comfy places to sleep.

We were supposed to go for Mcdonalds breakfast but there wasn't enough time. There was Mothers' Day to be celebrated! So, here's wishing all mothers a Happy Mothers' Day!

(abrupt ending, but that's how it was!)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: